INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Remove from list" removes more than just selected tracks  (Read 658 times)

DDar

"Remove from list" removes more than just selected tracks
« on: November 24, 2020, 12:30:45 pm »

Hello, I've been encountering a pretty annoying bug. I listen to music for 8-12 hours a day, so at the beginning of the day I'll often start a shuffled playlist and then scroll through the "player" tab and get rid of tracks I don't feel like listening to that day. However, I've been finding that often when I hit the "remove from list" right click option after selecting a bunch of tracks it will remove more than just what I selected. I've noticed that it's more likely to pop up if the track I'm listening to is within 30 seconds of ending. Since the "undo" function doesn't work with the removal of tracks from playlists or the player once this bug ruins my player list it's ruined permanently and I have to start all over again, often needing to do this process 2-5 times before I can make a player list that has not been sabotaged by this.

Does anyone know of a solution for this? I'd really love to not have to deal with this...

Edit: I've also noticed using ctrl+click to select multiple tracks is weirdly touchy. Sometimes it'll just select what I clicked and sometimes it will play what I click. I understand that double clicking is what should cause it to play, but it happens often when I'm just selecting another track (I know I'm not double clicking) or trying to deselect the track I just selected.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Remove from list" removes more than just selected tracks
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 04:55:28 pm »

You are correct. This seems to be a new bug!

I'm running the latest Beta version and this still happens, using the "Remove from list" function or the delete button to curate Playing Now, for one or multiple files, using proper selection process and Ctrl+Click to select multiple files.

In my case, the last file(s) are always removed from Playing Now, instead of the selected files. So with a 13 track Album in Playing Now, if I select 3 files and delete them from the list, track 11 to 13 are removed.

What specific version of MC are you running DDar? MC27.0.??.

@JRiver, that's nasty!  ;)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DDar

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 05:38:16 pm »

You are correct. This seems to be a new bug!

I'm running the latest Beta version and this still happens, using the "Remove from list" function or the delete button to curate Playing Now, for one or multiple files, using proper selection process and Ctrl+Click to select multiple files.

In my case, the last file(s) are always removed from Paying Now, instead of the selected files. So with a 13 track Album in Playing Now, if I select 3 files and delete them from the list, track 11 to 13 are removed.

What specific version of MC are you running DDar? MC27.0.??.

@JRiver, that's nasty!  ;)

I'm running Media Center 27.0.26 64-bit!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 06:43:07 pm »

I haven't been able to reproduce this.  I delete with the [Delete] key from Playing Now and so far it just always seems right.

Any more tips?  We'll find it!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 06:52:20 pm »

My apologies Matt. I was incorrect. Wrong even!  :-[

I think I was looking at the Sequence number rather than the Tack number to confirm what was being deleted. I'm not sure, but MC has been restarted since the last testing and it is working now, for the same Album I tested with earlier.

So DDar, are you sure the incorrect tracks are being deleted? Not looking at the Sequence number rather than the Track number or Track name, when confirming what gets deleted?

The Sequence number, which is the left most field in the Playing Now display, gets renumbered when you delete a Track from Playing Now, so it looks like the wrong track is deleted, but it is the correct track(s) for me in testing now.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 06:57:37 pm »

You called us nasty!  Sob :'(
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 07:04:11 pm »

;D ;D ;D

I called the "bug" nasty. If it existed, that would be true. Alas, unless DDar can provide more information, I'm pretty sure there is no bug.

Have some chocolate Matt. You'll get over it.  ;)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 07:13:45 pm »

It was your kid, Matt.  Not you.

DDar

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 07:38:35 pm »

I haven't been able to reproduce this.  I delete with the [Delete] key from Playing Now and so far it just always seems right.

Any more tips?  We'll find it!

I've never tried using the delete key instead of the right click/remove from list button. I'm still listening to the playlist I compiled this morning, but as soon as I encounter it again I will update this thread with any more info I discover!

I think I was looking at the Sequence number rather than the Tack number to confirm what was being deleted. I'm not sure, but MC has been restarted since the last testing and it is working now, for the same Album I tested with earlier.

So DDar, are you sure the incorrect tracks are being deleted? Not looking at the Sequence number rather than the Track number or Track name, when confirming what gets deleted?

The Sequence number, which is the left most field in the Playing Now display, gets renumbered when you delete a Track from Playing Now, so it looks like the wrong track is deleted, but it is the correct track(s) for me in testing now.

That has happened to me a couple of times but I usually realize I'm just overlooking them in those instances. No, what I'm talking about definitely just removes unselected tracks from my player (the only reason I'm certain is because I get excited to listen to certain songs that shuffle onto the queue and then when this happens I go looking for them. Also, songs that have not been "vetted" by this process will replace the songs I had left when this happens.) I'll return as soon as I have any more info (even if it turns out to be human error!)

DDar

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 12:56:34 pm »

Hey guys! Wanted to give you all an update in regards to this as I think I may have found the source of the issue:

I've since switched from using alt+click to using the DEL key to get rid of tracks I do not want to listen to and have not encountered the issue again until this morning when the song changed as I was pressing the DEL key. When that happened all my songs reshuffled and I realized that that may have been the source of the issue as it only presented itself towards the end of a song when a track change was about to happen. I have tested it since and found that if you press DEL on the song currently playing in "playing now" it does indeed shuffle all the songs ahead of it.

I'm having another issue as well with a particular 192/24 track that just sometimes outright refuses to play ( it will just switch to a different track without ever playing. The file is located in an HDD inside my PC.) Usually adding it as "next to play" will trick MC27 into playing it, but oftentimes I need to restart the program altogether to get it to play (this consistently works as a solution.) Anybody know what that might be? I've only noticed it happening with this track and none of my other hi-res files that are located in the same drive...
Pages: [1]   Go Up