INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change gap time between tracks via Options > Media Network  (Read 439 times)

john greenwood

• World Citizen
Change gap time between tracks via Options > Media Network
« on: November 29, 2020, 06:52:46 am »

I'd like to shorten the gap between tracks.  I found this in the Wiki:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Playback_Options

But when I select Audio, it tells me to go to Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers, and I can't find an option for changing gap time there.  Does it exist?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Change gap time between tracks via Options > Media Network
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 07:19:42 am »

If you're using Media Network, you'd need to set playback options on the device that is doing the playback.

john greenwood

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 09:16:03 am »

Hmmm - this was not a problem until recently.  Admittedly I've had changes to my system, including replacement of the server computer and an upgrade to Ver. 27.  What hasn't changed is the renderer in question - a Google Chromecast Audio.

Also, I have a Logitech Media Server on another server on my network.  While I generally do not access the Chromecast from it, I can and did so for a comparison.  The gap using JRiver is about 9 seconds (from either server); the gap using LMS is about 6 seconds.  Note - these are not gapless tracks.  Chromecasts do not do gapless, but in the past the pause has been a small fraction of a second. Now, with Dark Side of the Moon,, it is about 2.5 seconds.

Both servers need add-ins to communicate with the Chromecast.  For JRiver I am using BubbleuPnP (as I have in the past).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 12:18:55 pm »

Could be a problem related to conversion.

zimmy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 09:47:20 am »

I have a similar issue that when I use the MC DLNA server to play music on my Sony UBP-X800M2 the playback is not gapless.  I think this is a common issue for DLNA players.  In investigating the problem I see MC can apply DSP over DLNA

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSP_Over_DLNA

I don't see any setting there now that would accomplish it, but could there be a plugin that fixes the gapless problem?  One idea I had was outputting the disc you want to be gapless as one joined track to the player.  Maybe there'd be some other way. 

Would be a really useful feature if it's technically possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up