INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Sound [Solved]  (Read 574 times)

rhythmtime

No Sound [Solved]
« on: December 05, 2020, 08:51:39 pm »

Hello All,

Today I tried the Trial version of JRiver Media Center 27 on my iMac running Catalina.  I was able to rip 5 CD's as .m4a files until the 6th CD would not read or rip.  Yet, without reinserting the CD it ripped perfectly when using Apple Music.  Then, when I played songs from the Media Center there was initially no sound, yet, Apple Music played fine.  I changed my output in Apple Sys Pref to internal and then back to my external Dac and there was sound.  In standard view MC27 unconventionally takes up my entire screen, it is difficult to resize and move the app window.  It jumps all over the place and resizes itself.  When I hit pause the window moved so far to the left the controls were hidden. When I tried to move the window it dissappeared completely.  At some point a message appeared asking permission to read my screen.  Then I changed the view to mini and back to standard and a normal sized window appeared.  So, I played on a song, no sound, fiddling with Apple Sys Pref's Sound had no effect.  Finally, I uninstalled JRiver Media Center 27. 

Thanks for listening, I'll check back for responses...

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
No Sound
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 11:59:33 am »

I feel you. I had the same problem quite a few years ago and gave up. About a year ago, I gave it another try, what with Apple Music becoming soooo annoying. Admittedly, it is hard to get into it and takes time to learn and adjust. However, it is one of the most powerful apps there is and I have come to love it (and hate it sometimes  ;D).
Naturally, it's up to you if you want to stick with it but if you do there is amazing support on this forum from people who REALLY know MC in and out. They taught me a lot and I am more or less able to do what I want with MC now even if I only understand a tiny bit of what it can do. I hope it'll work out for you.
Good luck and stay safe!
Hans
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No Sound
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 01:48:39 pm »

Download and install this build so we know what you're using:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,127671.0.html

Check MC's Audio Setup options.

Wha machine?  How old?

rhythmtime

Re: No Sound
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 06:52:46 pm »

OK, I installed that build and it's much better.  It plays music through the DAC and it ripped a couple cd's.  Window behavior is functional but not smooth.  I'll use the app for awhile and see what happens.  I am using a 2017 iMac 3.5 GHz i5 with 20 GB RAM running Catalina 10.15.7 and will want to use it on a Macbook Pro 16 in the near future.  Thanks for the new build!
Pages: [1]   Go Up