INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple recordings created. Solved  (Read 1941 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Multiple recordings created. Solved
« on: December 18, 2020, 08:48:07 am »

I am still having issues with MC27 latest version .043. I thought I had my remote issue with it jumping two spaces in all screens fixed but this morning it started acting up again. I opened my TV recordings folder in theatre view and noticed that one of the shows was recorded 9 times. Or should I say there were 9 copies of it. This has been happening numerous times for us. I decided to look at recording rules and everything looked ok so I looked at time shifting files and noticed that there were a bunch of old folders. I decided to clean it all up, I deleted all old recordings, deleted all of the recording rules, and started over. I then scheduled three recordings for this evening. I will see what happens later today when the wife watches some shows. For some reason my remotes are working properly again and I did not do a restart. Also form time to time when switching channels or going to a different mode we get a black screen for an extended period of time. It is almost like MC is trying to do too many things at once. I have looked at the log files noticed that there were multiple entries where it was looking at old recording rules for shows that I no longer have scheduled to record. That is one reason I deleted all of the recording rules and started over. Anyone else having these crazy issues?
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Multiple recordings created.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 11:27:27 am »

I am looking into it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 07:56:06 pm »

Thank you. Also when we started the HTPC this evening before It would load up I got a massage on the screen asking if I wanted to allow JR to make changes to my system. Then about an hour later when a recording started I got the same message again. In about ten minutes another recording is scheduled to start. I will let you know if the same message pops up again.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 09:28:41 pm »

do you still have an older version installed that is starting the JRiver Server at boot?

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 10:05:15 am »

do you still have an older version installed that is starting the JRiver Server at boot?
I did have MC 26 installed but it was set to do nothing at windows startup. I uninstalled it this morning. Yesterday I set MC to record three TV shows. It recorded the first two correctly but then when It started the third it recorded it three times. The TV log shows the last program started recording at the correct time. It stopped recording at the correct time At the same time it stopped recording it started recording two more copies. When I checked this morning both of the duplicate copies were still recording. I check and could find no way to stop or cancel them. They had ran for over 11 hours. The only way to stop the recordings was to restart MC. also now everytime I restart the PC I get this message. ( Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device) I checked all of the defender permissions and MC is allowed. This message just started popping up yesterday. I went through all of my recording rules and cannot find any thing amiss. I am tempted to uninstall MC 27 and start over. The other day when I was having remote issues I downloaded the latest version. As time goes on the issues keep getting worse.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 08:42:01 am »

I had this happen to me a couple of times last week, but I can no longer reproduce it.  Has anyone else seen this?  I wonder what the common thread is.

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 09:38:26 am »

Along with the duplicate recordings I am having issues with black screen when I start up the system. I power down the TV and AVR but have always let the HTPC run. Sometimes it starts up fine and goes to the correct screen and others it will load a partial Theater View screen, sometimes it will alternate between a black screen and the blue screen of death, When it is flashing between screens You can See that the audio indicator on the AVR flashes also alternating between listening modes. Yesterday I completely uninstalled JRiver mc and reinstalled it. Of course this lost all of my recording rules and custom remote commands dut after that it seemed to work ok. I started and stopped it about ten times and it always started up correctly. I just tried it this morning and got the alternating black and blue screens. A restart of the PC corrected it. Also last night I recorded two TV shows and they did not duplicate this time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 01:47:08 pm »

Sometimes it starts up fine and goes to the correct screen and others it will load a partial Theater View screen, sometimes it will alternate between a black screen and the blue screen of death,
That seems like a hardware/driver problem.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 01:54:17 pm »

I had this happen to me a couple of times last week, but I can no long reproduce it.  Has anyone else seen this?  I wonder what the common thread is.
No issues like that here.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 07:27:55 am »

That seems like a hardware/driver problem.

Kind of what I was wondering. I just updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest directly from the Nvidia download site. Shall see if that makes a difference.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 12:57:31 pm »

Kind of what I was wondering. I just updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest directly from the Nvidia download site. Shall see if that makes a difference.

Yep. This is the same issue I posted before Yaobing. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,127952.0.html

This problem is two-fold (but I'm not referring to the black screen one but the duplicate recording or cards don't get release as per my post above)... 1Maynard are you using Hauppauge cards?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2020, 01:33:26 pm »

The issue is fixed for build 47.

The way to reliably reproduce the issue is to start watching the show while recording is going on, and pause it.  If you can get it to happen without pausing the video, please let me know.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 01:42:42 pm »

The issue is fixed for build 47.

The way to reliably reproduce the issue is to start watching the show while recording is going on, and pause it.  If you can get it to happen without pausing the video, please let me know.
Great news thx for the fix Yaobing. I’ll let you know how it goes... Now go and enjoy your holidays!  ;D ;D

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2020, 07:33:23 pm »

Quote from: imeric
This problem is two-fold (but I'm not referring to the black screen one but the duplicate recording or cards don't get release as per my post above)... 1Maynard are you using Hauppauge cards?

Imeric, I am using a HD Homerun networked  quad tuner. Since I updated the Nvidia drivers I have not seen the black screen.

Yaobing, Thanks for researching the problem and coming up with a fix for it. If It happens again I will let you know. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up