INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center Only Outputting to Internal Speakers...  (Read 1798 times)

Ignatz

• Recent member
Media Center Only Outputting to Internal Speakers...
« on: December 20, 2020, 07:59:12 am »

Spent the best part of the morning tracking this down... I have a Mac Mini + JRMedia Center > Topping D30 > Naim NAC 32.5. Music is only being played out of the Mac Mini's internal speakers, even though the D30 is chosen as the output source. Swapped out DACs, same problem, then used my MacBook Pro as a source with iTunes: then the music started coming out of my system. Used iTunes on the Mac Mini: music started coming out of my system.

So, no matter which DAC I use on the Mac Mini, if Media Center is the source, the music only comes out of the Mac Mini's internal speaker (don't have Media Center on my MacBook Pro.) So, do I have to tell Media Center to use the D30? I don't remember having to do that previously.

ETA: Just installed Media Center on my MacBook Pro, plugged in the D30 and music is coming out of my system as expected.

TIA,
JRiver Media Centre 26, Mac Mini 2012, High Sierra, 16GB RAM

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center Only Outputting to Internal Speakers...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 09:21:51 am »

Yes, you need to do audio setup in MC.  Start here:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup

Ignatz

• Recent member
Re: Media Center Only Outputting to Internal Speakers...
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 10:16:47 am »

Thanks, that's weird... I just installed Media Center 27 on my MacBook Pro and it automatically sent the output to the D30, no setup required.
JRiver Media Centre 26, Mac Mini 2012, High Sierra, 16GB RAM
Pages: [1]   Go Up