INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ID MC won't start  (Read 1444 times)

Dantos

• World Citizen
ID MC won't start
« on: December 20, 2020, 11:30:36 pm »

Hi
My apologies for recent increase in Id related posts. I am beginning to feel like an Id-iot  :-[

My Id starts but MC does not start up. I don't know how to manually start MC (Linux Newbie). Only the JRiver menu displays on desktop.

Background - When trying to play a video file (music video) it froze. Reboot and also disconnect power/ reconnect power results in boot without MC appearing.

Maybe a bizarre coincidence but trying to play the same video on my main server windows MC27 also froze MC which I ended with task manager and restarted. Bad video? Maybe but other videos also froze MC until I rebooted the pc.when rebooted it prompted an MC27 update. This kind of strange behaviour has occurred before when MC wants to update. I tried to update the Id but no luck. Id MC still MIA

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ID MC won't start
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 07:05:10 am »

Power cycle the Id, then update it (option 12 on the text menu).   Give it time for everything to come back up.

Is it a Pi or a NUC?

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 09:30:27 am »

Power cycle the Id, then update it (option 12 on the text menu).   Give it time for everything to come back up.

Is it a Pi or a NUC?

Thanks Jim, tried this previously but repeated without luck.

Recently purchased Id NUC

Saying MC 26.0.107-2 on the text menu but MC still missing

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 10:03:39 am »

Media Center should start automatically if it's not running.

Do you have the Id in GUI mode or are you accessing it remotely?

Is Media Center possibly just minimized? At the bottom of the screen, in the task bar, you should see one bar for the text menu, and one for Media Center. If you see Media Center in the bottom task bar, just right-click and select iconify.

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 04:50:44 pm »

Media Center should start automatically if it's not running.

Do you have the Id in GUI mode or are you accessing it remotely?

Is Media Center possibly just minimized? At the bottom of the screen, in the task bar, you should see one bar for the text menu, and one for Media Center. If you see Media Center in the bottom task bar, just right-click and select iconify.

Hi Brad, thanks for reply.

MC is not open on the task bar, just the menu tab is present on the task bar. I also scrolled through the 4 desktop work spaces. The Id still shows up on my network and can access "internal" and "External" folders BUT it no longer displays under "Playing from" on my desktop version of MC.

If there is no option to manually open MC on Id, I presume a re-OS or repair is in order as described here: Instructions: Upgrading the IdNUC Firmware https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110326.0.html. The Debian OS is on the 240GB internal SSD, correct?

Another option would be revert to a windows machine (the devil I know). I presume the hardware is up to a Win10x64 install ( I had a quick look in the BIOS/EFI).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 06:33:00 pm »

The repair would work.  Or we could rebuild it if you want to ship the drive or device back.

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 07:28:51 pm »

Thanks. I did a revert to original settings and that restored MC on the GUI. I did lose some work I had done on customizing the Library (not backed up in time).

I decided to go down the Windows pathway so wiped and formatted disk and about to install W10.
The person for whom this NUC/MC is a gift has a MC 26 Win license so there will be no dramas upgrading to 27.
Thanks for all the help. The Id is great and was good to learn more about it.
Cheers
David
Pages: [1]   Go Up