INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding audio devices in playback otions  (Read 2120 times)

Isabela

• Recent member
Adding audio devices in playback otions
« on: December 21, 2020, 01:01:58 pm »

Hello, I'm Isabela from Spain my english is not very well, I'm going to try to explain, I've read some pages but could find a solution, I hope someone will be ok to help me.
But first of all thank you very much for that space to provide help for the users.
I have an Apple TV, a soundbar, a Node2i from BluOS but nothing is appearing in the Audio devices from Playback options.
I'd like to know how I can add them in the Media Center.
Thank you very much  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Adding audio devices in playback otions
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 01:38:11 pm »

You may have to turn on Media Network.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Network

Apple TV isn't supported.  Maybe by using BubbleUPnP.

I don't know about the others.  Do they support UPnP or DLNA?  If so, Media Network lets you stream to them.  Turn it on and see what shows up in Playing Now in MC.

Isabela

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 02:30:07 pm »

You may have to turn on Media Network.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Network

Apple TV isn't supported.  Maybe by using BubbleUPnP.

I don't know about the others.  Do they support UPnP or DLNA?  If so, Media Network lets you stream to them.  Turn it on and see what shows up in Playing Now in MC.

Thank you very much Jim, please give me a couple of days, I know nothing about those upnp and dlna, I will read about that.
Best wishes
Isa

Isabela

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 09:39:46 am »

Hello Jim, thanks for the link, I guess I've made some progress..
I could activate the DNLA system and I could see my soundbar and the television, but not the Apple TV neither the Bluesound node.
So I've been running my files with the soundbar as "zone" in the media center and I noticed the soundbar was connected using WIFI and not the ethernet cable.
May be that's why I wasn't able to read most of files: the media center was unresponsive with color wheel spinning most of the time or media center stopping reading, this mostly with big files like dsf or dff files.
So back to the usual player on the media center..
I noticed the Bluesound node is bluetooth ready, so I could connect the media player to the node in tools - options - audio using node bluetooth as "core audio" which is giving me 32 bits/48000 and keeping the media center pretty responsive.
I received a lot of music files in dsf, dff, DSD and others, I may say that it sounds completely different from the mp3 I'm used to play, the quality is at the rendez vous..
Next step will be to try to connect my soundbar directly to my computer and the media center so I can get rid of the Bluesound node which is a real piece of sh**, for mp3 and flag files this is ok, but it is not reading Hi Res files like dsf, dff, DSD64, 128, or 256.
So muchas gracias, I hope this will help others and I will upadte if it's ok for you.
Best wishes
Isa

Isabela

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 09:42:34 am »

BTW, when I choose several album to play one after the other, is thera a way to allow media center to read automatically the next album ?..
I didn't find..
I have to go and click the first song of the next album to continue listening the list
Thanks again

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 02:24:51 pm »

Select what you want first, then press the Play button.  In MC settings, take a look at Option > General > Behavior.

Isabela

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 06:30:28 am »

Thanks Jim but I didn't find the option
I wish I could connect my Apple TV to the MC.
I guess it's s good option to get wired connection of my system, please let me explain..
My Apple TV is connected using a ethernet cable, then from the Apple TV I go with hdmi cable on my soundbar..
Is it feasible such connection ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 07:28:54 am »

No.  MC doesn't support Apple TV.  It does support UPnP / DLNA.  Your TV may support that.  What is the make and model?

Isabela

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 11:35:45 am »

I have Samsung Jim, but yes the TV is already appearinf in MC, thanks
I don't want to use it because this is low quality sound, I have a very nice soundbar so I'd better use that  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up