INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC25 > MC26, Can't get Cover Art Folder to Transfer!  (Read 1683 times)

gregvinci

• Recent member
MC25 > MC26, Can't get Cover Art Folder to Transfer!
« on: December 23, 2020, 11:45:46 pm »

I've upgraded to MC26 and will probably go to MC27 soon, but I can't get MC26 to recognize my MC25 Cover Art folder. There are thousands of images in there and I don't want to start all over again inserting them. No matter where I try to locate the cover art folder on my hard drives, I get the same error message: "Audio File Location Cannot Be Read-Only." I cannot access the hidden directory where MC26 currently stores the covert art, so I can't add my previous images there either. Currently, it says they're in User>gregoryvinci>Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 26/Covert Art/ - But I can't access this directory or change it! Help!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC25 > MC26, Can't get Cover Art Folder to Transfer!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 06:57:41 am »

MC has a setting for the file location of cover art.  Did you set it there?

gregvinci

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 04:30:36 pm »

Yes, that's exactly where the problem happens. When I change MC's default covert art file location to ANYTHING other than what's in there, I get that error message. Frustrating.

gregvinci

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 04:58:52 pm »

I'm in the process of re-importing my entire library and we'll see if that fixes anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up