INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id-Pi Fully Baked and FLAC Playback Problem  (Read 1514 times)

Trun

• Recent member
Id-Pi Fully Baked and FLAC Playback Problem
« on: December 26, 2020, 08:42:56 pm »

I really would appreciate any assistance with the problem that I have encountered in playing of music files with MC 27 installed on my desktop through an Ethernet connected IdPi 4 fully baked from its USB-A output to a DAC with a USB-B input.

In MC 27, using the Id as the selected device, when I select a track or album to play I get no sound, “waiting” appears under the track playing listing, then MC27 skips to the next track, again waiting appears and so on……

Background to the set-up is as follows……..

The IdPi installation was completed with an attached monitor and keyboard, the “License installed successfully” message was received.
The Id appears as a device in MC 27 in the Playing Now panel as a device and as Playing from Main Library.

All items, router, desktop, hard-drive and Id have ethernet cable connections.
In MC 27 the Id is selected to be a Generic DLNA Server.
In DSP Studio only “Output Format” options are selected and all output frequencies are set to 44,100 Hz.
The port forwarding on the router for port 52199 has been set for the IP address of the Id.
Whitebear confirmed correct selection of audio settings as, Specified Output Format, PCM L16 no header, and sample rate 44100 Hz for all frequencies.
On the Whitebear option to “play test file” the result was:  play failed=> Time out

Music files on the hard drive are in FLAC format and have played in the past from MC27 on my pc with various levels of success through the DAC via squeezebox/SPDIF, PC/toslink, TV/using Ethernet from pc and toslink to DAC.

With the same DAC and pc/MC27 combination, USB input fed from the Id so far has been a challenge.

Regards

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Id-Pi Fully Baked and FLAC Playback Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 10:14:43 pm »

Use just the Id and set up audio there. You probably have the wrong device selected.

Trun

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 08:54:45 am »

I followed these steps to get playback through my DAC connected to the Id-Pi by USB and to control playback by JRemote.

1. Download VNC viewer to avoid the need to set-up a keyboard and monitor at the audio rack.
2. Open VNC viewer,  enter the Id Pi Address and the default password = "remote".
3. From the Id Pi Main Menu select option “2” (Headless Text) to give a better monitor view.
4. Make a note of the Access Key given on the Main Menu for possible later use.
5. Open the JRiver window on the Id-Pi interface screen.
6. Select Player/Tools/Audio.
7. Open Audio Device – Note the default selection checkmark which was HDMI 1.
8. Selected "USB Audio DAC, USB Audio. Direct hardware device without any conversions".
The below items did not give playback on my system.
USB Audio DAC, USB Audio. Default Audio Device.
USB Audio DAC, USB Audio, Direct sample mixing device.
9. In Settings open DSP & Output Format, Check te Output Format Box, set all frequencies to  44,100 Hz.
10. Close VNC windows.
11.Open MC 27 on the PC, select the Id device under playing now.
12.Select album or track to play.
13.To control by JRemote add a new device in JRemote settings on the iphone enter the Access Key provided on the Id Pi Main Menu.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 11:27:27 am »

Thanks for posting the solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up