INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Astell and Kern SR25  (Read 1734 times)

Tinydemon

Astell and Kern SR25
« on: December 30, 2020, 04:01:04 am »

Hi.  Having used iTunes and iPods for years I have branched out and bought a A&K SR 25.  I have a 2015 iMac running Mojave. Can I use JRiver MC with it like iTunes with the iPods ie transfer music across, manage artwork , create playlists?  Currently it is falling at the first hurdle - MC does not recognise it (have done the tools-options-handheld-add/redetect).  Is this worth pursuing or should I be trying other software?  Thank you.

Splinter60

Re: Astell and Kern SR25
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 06:08:14 am »

I have the same issue... I picked up a A&K SR25 to replace my existing AK70, which has been interfaced via JRiver MC (version: 22.0.1.110) for a few years. and this player is not recognised. I'm running through Windows OS 10 home ednt 64bit.
Does the version of MC not support this upgraded AK DAP? The folders and files are showing up in Windows File Explorer, so I have ruled out any potential issue with connecting via USB 3.
Will an updated version of MC solve the issue, as I require a workable interface to manage an extensive collection, which to this point has been well servived by JRiver MC...

I look forward to your advice..

Thanks very much.

Tinydemon

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 11:07:31 am »

Hi

No further suggestions.
JRiver still not recognising SR25.
Have sought advice from A&K.  They advise NOT to use third party software.  JRiver will create reading errors. 

Looks like I am uninstalling!

Splinter60

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 12:55:43 pm »

I would think that A&K are unable to recommend 3rd party software to protect themselves from 'liabilities' as they simple produce DAP's and do not have agents creating software interfaces. So potentially they cannot recommend one software provider over another.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 01:13:32 pm »

Something about those players seems non-standard.  If you have a contact there, let them know that we'll provide a license to them or take a look at the player if they want to loan us one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up