INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android TV (shield device) does not load remote library video files  (Read 1866 times)

thescottmclean

• Recent member

I have kept trying thinking it may be something stupid I have overlooked, but still cannot get fixed, so I need your help, please.

I have JRiver 26 running on a Windows PC, I can load my remote video library using Android for my phone, and watch movies, perfectly.

I cannot for the life of me, load my remote library, in the next room on my Shield device, running JRiver for Android TV.  If i clear my cache, and loaded settings on my Shield device, I can see a menu for Video files, and if I insert a USB drive into the device the Shield sees, and plays local video content perfectly.  As soon as I load my remote library, the video menu disappears, and I cannot browse any video content.  Remote library states successfully loaded.
 If i use another DLNA app on the Shield, I can see and play video content from my Library, so I know its there.  Just cannot get JRiver Windows to talk to JRiver for Anfroid TV for video files.  Help please.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Android TV (shield device) does not load remote library video files
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 07:15:19 am »

Could you try the trial version of MC27?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 09:47:36 am »

When you load a load a library on the Shield, it's also loading the configuration for that library. It sounds like the Video category might be missing for some reason.

First, go to the machine running the library you're trying to load. In that instance of Media Center, go to Tools -> Options -> Media Network. Under Advanced, click on Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel... In the dialog that shows up, make sure there is a Video section under Items to show. If there is no Video section, you can add your own or use the Reset! option. If you use the Reset! option, it will undo any customization to the layout you might have made to JRemote, Gizmo, and Panel.

thescottmclean

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 09:32:20 pm »

Ha, thank you very much such a small thing, but it did not read Android tv, do I just overlooked that option.  Thank you ever so much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up