INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add Youtube URLs to a playlist?  (Read 745 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Add Youtube URLs to a playlist?
« on: January 14, 2021, 06:31:46 am »

I have looked around in the archives and a question related to this goes unanswered. Is it possible to add URLs (Youtube) to a play list?

There is a context right click menu item that has Paste URL but it does not create any records in the playlist. There does not seems to be a way to manually add a record in a playlist for a track and then add URL information? Is this even possible?

I would like to go on a nostalgia trip collecting a few URLs of tracks I have seen on Youtube of old Aussie pub rock. So that I can play them also. Conceivably this could be URLs for Cloudplay items also or similar. This list would also serve as a shopping list to get the proper equivalent audio tracks eventually? Conceivably the structure are there in the background because ClouldPlay Playing Now items are URLs but they cannot be editted, coipied or added to a playlist?

Has anyone tried something similar? This would be a useful addition to the functionality?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Add Youtube URLs to a playlist?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 06:21:33 am »

So no-one has tried this?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 08:47:01 am »

Try this.

Play the file.
In Playing Now, right click and choose Send To > Playlist.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 06:15:24 am »

Thanks JimH,
Unfortunately Youtube does not play through DSP so does not appear in Playing Now- so I am out of luck?
Dave
------

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Add Youtube URLs to a playlist? [Solved]
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 09:24:17 pm »

Just realised I was playing Youtube through a 'Services & Plugins' item which seems to just display Youtube as a browser windows the same as outside JRiver. The plug in item seems to have disappeared....(not mentioned in changelog).. but more the point; if I access through Streaming, Youtube, indeed this is possible. The video plays through MC, then by going to PlayingNow, right click on the track URL to rename or add to a Playlist. I can play and add individual files - although there are a couple of quirks. Sounds obvious now - but I have not looked at the Streaming section much except trying then leaving JRiver Radio a while ago - so worth another look for anyone in similar mind set as  me?

Couple of Quirks;
-Cannot play a Youtube playlist in Streaming - only individual youtube files - is that correct?
-Looking at the items in Playing Now list no other info seems to parse to the URL track. So it has blank name, so I have to manually rename to add something meaningful there...
Dave
------

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 04:47:11 am »

Hi Again, now I have figured out how to do this, so that I can replicate me VHS Video Hits mix tapes from 1990.....(future retro party) I have even more questions.

- I can update the name of the track manually in the Playlist - bit of typing but I can live with this, as having blank names was a game changer.

- However I can never get the Youtube URL to stream anything better than 640x320, often it's 480x360 at ~500kb/s if I'm luck, 290kb/s if I'm not. Sound is ok at 96kb/s AAC usually. I am running RedOctober and there are no direct settings in MadVR that seem to influence. I have tried Ctrl+Shift+Alt+ I to auto-detect sources to no avail.

Bit disappointing I can get this far and get very average quality. Many of the source files are PAL res, but some remastered ones are FHD 1080. As a test I went to anew file on Youtube that is 4k and it still opened up in MC streaming window as 640x320?!!

- Also is there a way that the playlist can reset and not 'remember' where I was playing the track last time. As a playlist last thing you want is playing the later half of each file because that's where I stopped it last time. Every track should ignore last played and play from beginning. Maybe this is a browser / Youtube cookie thing? but it's a bit annoying.

Anyone tried building a youtube playlist with better results?
Dave
------

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 05:47:35 pm »

I know I'm talking to myself here - but I think it's worth it if someone searches the forums trying to do the same thing.

It all appeared to work fine, but next day all the URLs in the playlist had expired. So I figure that the low resolution and the fact that the URL has an expiry, is a symptom of not begin able to sign in to the Youtube page. I am accessing youtube music video as guest, so it's low res & expires?

Cannot seem to sign in to Youtube page anymore (covered elsewhere) because the underlying browser applet use in JRiver is not updated enough. I am using the Chrome option in 'Web Browsing Engine'. Google will not allow sign in because it is 'unsecure'. So I look forward to trying to build this youtube playlist again when the background engine is updated at some point!
Dave
------
Pages: [1]   Go Up