INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Running on Sony Bravia 85-x850d  (Read 1809 times)

dhiggins

• World Citizen
Running on Sony Bravia 85-x850d
« on: February 08, 2021, 06:45:36 pm »

Just recently got this tv repaired, working great so I went to setup DLNA to play music through it and happened to notice that JRiver now has an Android version (Ok, I've been out of the loop I guess).

Bought, and downloaded, installed, and got it authenticated with my server.
So far so good.

Went to play a movie. mpg was stuttery but an mkv file seemed to play just fine.

So I tried music.
By artist, album, playlist. Nothing. I can navigate through everything just fine, but when I click play, the screen showing the image for the track shows and then, nothing happens.

Played around with a few setting but nothing changed.

So I go over to the server and check. I've attached a shot of what I see when I hit the server from JRiver on the Sony. (Cap1)

I can connect to my server from a desktop with JRiver and everything's good.

I can hit the url for Panel, and play tracks that way also (at least from a desktop browser), but I can't get music to play at all via the JRiver android app.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Running on Sony Bravia 85-x850d
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 07:08:29 pm »

You're using JRiver for Android on the TV?  Does it run Google TV?

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 08:47:44 pm »

I'm not sure. Was really looking to play music, and I LOVE JRiver smart lists, hence trying to use the android app. Maybe it's not really meant for smarttvs like this?

I'll check google tv.

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 09:05:10 pm »

Yeah, it runs google tv. Was going to try and install Gizmo, but I can't find it in the playstore anymore. Still have it on my phone and use it occasionally.

BradATIMA

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 08:45:22 am »

It sounds like you've loaded the library server in JRiver for Android, correct? What audio file formats are you trying to play? What sample rate?

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 11:36:15 am »

Yes, I believe you're right. I'm not trying to play any content that lives directly on the TV. I'm using the Android JRiver to connect to my server install (on a windows 10 box), which appears to work fine. I can then play movies and view images ok.

Just can't play any music.

I've tried files in several formats, MP3, OGG, and FLAC specifically.

Sample rates vary. I've also tried setting the server to "serve up files in originalformat" as well as "always convert to MP3-high bitrate" and get the same results.

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 11:40:16 am »

As a side note, I played an MKV file via this and it worked great.

Tried an MPG though, and it was terribly stuttery. Haven't dug into that yet, not super worried about it, because I wasn't really intending to play movies very often via the setup, but, I tend to use MKV files now anyway so it's not high prio for me

BradATIMA

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 05:57:30 pm »

If you're loading the library in JRiver for Android, the DLNA server configuration shouldn't matter.

What version of Media Center is the server running?

When you play an audio file, does the playback control bar show that it's playing? Does it show the pause of play icon?

When the app is running, it should show up as a DLNA zone. Does it work if you try to play audio to it from the server as a DLNA zone? You may need to have it on the player page when you try this.

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 09:10:42 pm »

All good questions. Should have included that in my original post.
I'm running JS 27.0.26 (64bit) Windows
Playback appears to start, I get the control bar showing (backup, pause, ff, etc), and the timing shows 00:00 on the left and {len of track} on the right and then nothing. It does show the PAUSE button though, as if it's playing.
The timer doesn't change, no progress bar. etc.
JRAndroid is not hung though, if I press EXIT on my remote, it returns to prev screen and I can continue navigating.
Also, it DOES show up as a DLNA renderer, but when I try to send music to it, it switches to the playback screen, shows the control bar, len of track, etc, but then, nothing, Same as above. Even if I start from the player page.

One thing that's interesting, is that on my PC, when I select a song and SEND TO the jrandroid on the tv, the status bar up top on MC running on my PC shows the progress bar moving, as if it's playing, yet, right under the track name, it says "Waiting".

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 09:11:31 pm »

Also, I've tried several different formats including MP3, M4A, ape, wav, flac, etc, All with the same results.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 10:26:10 pm »

27.0.66 is available.

BradATIMA

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 07:32:08 pm »

What version of Android is the TV running?

If you check the About section in JRiver for Android, does it say 32-bit or 64-bit?
Pages: [1]   Go Up