INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Non Responsive, eventually crashes  (Read 365 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Non Responsive, eventually crashes
« on: February 12, 2021, 06:44:15 pm »

I have JRiver server 27.61 windows ver running on both my server and a client. The server jriver has experienced sporadic lags or hangs for a few seconds before responding to commands when watching Live TV or recorded videos. Sometimes it will crash. There are other times it will run as it should, though that is becoming less frequent. The client has been doing the same thing only worse. Just now I tried using the client to watch Live TV and it would allow me to select Theater View, then Video but when I select the GUIDE....it just hangs and eventually crashes. I've looked at everything I can think of on both computers and am at a loss. Any Ideas at all?

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Non Responsive, eventually crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 01:00:27 am »

It happens with all versions periodically, but you get used :)
Mostly JRiver is very stable.

I think this is related to I/O activity, in my case this happens in the very beginning. Never happened to me when I am already in the middle of JRiver 'session'

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 06:47:03 am »

Most problems like this are caused by antivirus software or drivers.  Take a look at the Weird Problems thread in my signature.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 07:05:36 am »

Ok. I didn’t suspect anti virus only because I’m  still able to play video eventually. I thought anti virus it either blocked it or it didn’t. I will disable anti virus to see what the behavior is.

Drivers. What drivers do you mean?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 07:40:26 am »

Read the antivirus thread, linked near the top of the Weird Problems thread.  Disabling may not be enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up