INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audiobook - how to restart listening to a multi-file "book" from last stop?  (Read 463 times)

henning65

• Junior Woodchuck

I would like to ask for some advise on audiobooks.

If I listen to an audiobook with several tracks (audio-files) and stop. The next time I start the audiobook the first track of the book starts to play. I would like to start at the position I left the book: to be precise, if my audiobook has 111 tracks. It is not very important, that the last played track (lets say track 49 starts not at the beginning but at second 147) starts at the position left. It is important, that the previous 48 tracks are skipped AND that track 49 continuous at the position left (in my example at second 147).

My Question: Is their a procedure to make MC directly jump to the last track played in a multi-track / multi-CD audiobook?

Thanks for your help!

Yours

----------
Setting
Using "Media Sub Type = Audiobook"
MacOS
JRiver Media Center 27.0.35

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Try using Pause, not Stop.  Also take a look at Bookmarks on the wiki.

henning65

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks JimH for your quick reply!

I read this article: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Bookmarking

The problem is: it's not about one audio file. It's about a set of audio files: An audiobook consists of up to 150 separated files. Like file01, file02, file03, ... fileXYZ. I would like to know how to start file48 at position "40sec" the next time I start the audiobook. I don't want to be forced to remember the file of the audiobook and to resume manually at file48 (as than the bookmark will ensure to start at position "40sec"). I simply like to start the audiobook and MC "jumps" to the file AND the position within the file.

Is this possible?
It would be great, if you could point me to the location within the wiki or within the forum as - till now - I couldn't find the procedure.

Thanks for your help!

henning65

• Junior Woodchuck

@JimH

Your suggestion to use "Pause", not "Stop"

I like to listen to selected audiobooks especially while jogging. As I'm not always running, using "Pause" seams to blockade the usability of JRemote in between to runs? If I decide to switch to a music file and decide to play this file, how can I restart from the same position in the audiobook?

thanks for your advice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up