INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zones Question  (Read 1350 times)

Xtian

• Recent member
  • this  %20 for rent
Zones Question
« on: April 09, 2003, 05:38:15 pm »

Do Zones actually work, or am I doing something wrong? Under build 146 (first time I've tried), I can't seem to set each Zone to use a different sound card. Each time I close and open MJ, all Zones are set to one sound card or the other.

This is under Windows XP Pro SP1, using a motherboard-based AC97 card and SoundBlaster Live.

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Zones Question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 05:45:22 pm »

Yeah, they should work.  One user runs his whole home using this system. (don't have the URL right now, but it's really cool)

Anyway, when you switch zones and go to playback options, are your settings remembered during the MC session?  I mean, are they only trashed after you close?

Also, have you tried WaveOut and DirectSound?  Maybe you'll have better luck with one than the other.

Thanks Xtian.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Xtian

• Recent member
  • this  %20 for rent
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 06:07:25 pm »

Matt,

I followed a few other links and walked through the Zones setup page on that user's site. It seems pretty simple, and I followed all the instructions, but within MC it seems as though whatever Zone I alter last, the settings (for sound card at least) get set as the default for all Zones.

i.e. if I set my Zone 1 to AC97 and then my Zone 2 to SBLive, if I then go back and look at Zone 1, it has become SBLive.

Does anyone have this up and running in a similar way to what I am describing? With better results that is...

TIA

PS: I have tried both DirectSound and Wave Out, and combinations of both.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 06:13:13 pm »

If you're comfortable with regedit.exe, the settings are here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Output\MJ Output\Settings

You should see names with a (1) or (2) at the end to denote they're the second or third zone.

Change stuff and see what's happening.  There must be a bug.

Thanks!

RemyJ

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 08:40:40 pm »

There is a bug Matt. I see the same behavior and there's only 1 set of entries in the registry.  Wave Out doesn't give the options for selecting other channels on the same card but I don;t remember if it ever did or is supposed to.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 03:38:44 am »

Xtian,

I have a very similar configuration (An old Creative Soundblaster PCI instead of Live!) and it works smoothless. I use Wave out! SB for Zone 1, onboard AC97 for Zone 2, WXP+SP1!

The only thing right now that does not work is volume control for zone 2. This has been reported as a bug yet to be fixed!

RemyJ

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 07:35:37 am »

Xtian,

I have a very similar configuration (An old Creative Soundblaster PCI instead of Live!) and it works smoothless. I use Wave out! SB for Zone 1, onboard AC97 for Zone 2, WXP+SP1!

The only thing right now that does not work is volume control for zone 2. This has been reported as a bug yet to be fixed!

Don't change it or it may not work again!
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2003, 08:08:07 am »

Thanks everyone -- it'll be fixed next build.

The options dialog simply wasn't attaching to the right zone when you picked "Configure".
Pages: [1]   Go Up