INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (iOS) 3.35  (Read 6220 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRemote (iOS) 3.35
« on: February 16, 2021, 05:15:09 pm »

JRemote (iOS) 3.35 has been released.

Changes in this build:

Built with a launch storyboard.
    Local video playback to the iPhone/iPad implements the new Media Center 27 video playback method.
    Fixed the info line spacing for iPhones with a notch.
    Fixed the spacing of the settings gear for iPhones with a notch.
    Fixed the search bar spacing for iPhones with a notch.
    Fixed the floating search bar spacing for iPhones with a notch.
    Starting to work on theme setting for Dark mode.
    Theme will now switch automatically to light or dark depending on iOS setting.
    Crashes on iOS  versions below 11 fixed.
    Spacing for devices without a home button in the Playing Now Metadata and Playlist screen fixed.
    Top spacing for Title/Track on devices with a notch tweaked.

Issues still to be addressed:

Quick jump on lists when article sorting is enabled.
    Rotation of the playing now screen on 4.7" iPhones (where rotation is supposed to be disabled).

OverTheEdge

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: JRemote (iOS) 3.35
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 10:59:33 pm »

... for iPhones with a notch.

Thank you. It's great to have the display back to normal.

wer

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 11:34:10 pm »

Since I don't see it listed above under issues still to be addressed, just a reminder about the problem with hidden zones, so it doesn't drop off the list.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128419.0.html

Originally reported about 10 months ago.

Thank you.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 05:51:49 am »

I really appreciate the changes. Especially adjusting the screen to easily click on buttons at top and bottom.

One thing.... I select dark mode and it will revert back to Light mode by default. Dark doesn’t stick. Every time it closes i must reconnect Dark Theme.

jdindc

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 07:46:23 am »

I'm happy to report that JRemote looks wonderful once again on my iPhone XR.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

- Josh

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 10:17:16 am »

Upgrades to ios JRemote are much appreciated. However, I use an iPad and noticed that after 3.35, with Playing Now Metadata open, when I touch one of the little "i"s next to a selection on the playlist it invokes that selection to play immediately.  Before 3.35, touching an "i" would invoke the Metadata list for that selection but wouldn't play it; unless you actually touch the selection name left of the "i".  I found the ability to look ahead at upcoming metadata very useful and if the 3.35 change wasn't intentional I hope that feature can be restored. I hope that's all clear.
Thanks

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 11:10:48 am »

Similar problem. With version 34 pressing an “i” in now playing would show the metadata for that item. Now with the update 35 for me pressing the “i” beside a track on the now playing list  list is non-responsive, on my iPad.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 01:29:32 pm »

Upgrades to ios JRemote are much appreciated. However, I use an iPad and noticed that after 3.35, with Playing Now Metadata open, when I touch one of the little "i"s next to a selection on the playlist it invokes that selection to play immediately.  Before 3.35, touching an "i" would invoke the Metadata list for that selection but wouldn't play it; unless you actually touch the selection name left of the "i".  I found the ability to look ahead at upcoming metadata very useful and if the 3.35 change wasn't intentional I hope that feature can be restored. I hope that's all clear.
Thanks

Ditto.  Last 3.35 beta version where this isn't a problem is 3.35 (396)

artmiller74

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 04:08:17 pm »

I'm happy to report that JRemote looks wonderful once again on my iPhone XR.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
+1 Really appreciate the update, guys!

David593

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 01:25:14 pm »

Thanks

Same for me. I use that ability to see what the episode or film is and the count so note where I am in the series. It’s completely broken now. Please go back to the previous version as this is a significant affect on the functionality of the remote. Great if it looks nice but it’s use is compromised for anyone with an iPad I suspect.

Manfred

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2021, 01:38:34 pm »

Thanks

I have the same problem pressing i starts the related video.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

TrevorH

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2021, 01:44:14 pm »

I also have the problem with the info button.

R32NJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2021, 02:12:47 pm »

My iPhone and iPad updated JRemote last night.

I found a bug with the theme setting though.  I always use the "dark" theme and the new app defaulted to "light".  I changed it to dark and all was OK until I relaunched JRemote today on my iPhone and it is back to light again.  I have tried multiple times and it keeps resetting back to light on my iPhone.

My iPad is keeping the dark setting after multiple JRemote restarts.

R32NJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2021, 05:01:31 pm »

Found another bug this evening. Star ratings are not saving when selecting from the JRemote now playing screen. I was always able to do this before. Still works properly from my handheld remote control so nothing has changed on my server settings.

I tested from iPhone and iPad and star ratings don’t work on either device.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2021, 05:12:09 pm »

Found another bug this evening. Star ratings are not saving when selecting from the JRemote now playing screen. I was always able to do this before. Still works properly from my handheld remote control so nothing has changed on my server settings.

I tested from iPhone and iPad and star ratings don’t work on either device.
You may need to turn on Authentication on the server.

R32NJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2021, 05:41:14 pm »

I did already have authentication on but I will reconnect again to make sure the password is working properly.

My bad. Somehow authentication was unchecked on my server. Rechecked it and ratings are working fine now.

Any idea on the light theme issue?

Denti

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 08:50:05 pm »

Thanks

Yes, PLEASE fix!

Can I go back to previous version in the meantime??

kkloh

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 02:11:50 am »

In version 3.35, the Play Now screen of my iPhone XS Plus and iPhone 6 Plus shows song name as the top line, but the artist/album on the second line is only about 1/3 visible and unreadable. It seems to have a spacing problem. Please see screenshot attached.

Please fix it. Meanwhile, kindly restore version 3.34 for our use. Many thanks.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2021, 04:08:03 am »

I had that obscured artist/album issue and it was to do with font size. Here’s the relevant part of the thread:

Even though I have “Larger Text” set to off, if the font size slider at the bottom of the option screen is set to one of the 2 largest sizes, the problem occurs. Any size smaller it is fine. I had it set on the second largest size, I didn’t realize it did anything when the option was not enabled.

HaWi

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2021, 11:02:23 am »

I had that obscured artist/album issue and it was to do with font size. Here’s the relevant part of the thread:

Even though I have “Larger Text” set to off, if the font size slider at the bottom of the option screen is set to one of the 2 largest sizes, the problem occurs. Any size smaller it is fine. I had it set on the second largest size, I didn’t realize it did anything when the option was not enabled.

Can you please clarify which "Option" screen you are referring to? Many thanks.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2021, 03:54:23 pm »

Yes sorry, I'm talking about the iPhone Text size settings.

On your iPhone: Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Text Size

There is a slider on the bottom of the Text Size settings screen.

I found that using either the largest or second largest setting resulted in what you are seeing. All others were ok.

HaWi

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2021, 12:19:53 pm »

Ah, thanks Scobie, I was looking in MC and couldn't find it. I don't think I ever changed this setting and it is right in the middle, so I have never had the described issue. Cool you found this out.
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
JRemote 3.43

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2021, 03:38:43 pm »

Yeah it caught me by surprise as I never thought I had changed that setting.

Will be worth checking other font or zoom settings though.

HaWi

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2021, 06:20:03 pm »

Will be worth checking other font or zoom settings though.
Indeed, I'll play around with it. At home, I use mainly the iPad version, while in the car it's the iPhone, of course.
JRemote 3.43

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2021, 05:44:41 pm »

I have tried multiple times and it keeps resetting back to light on my iPhone.

Dark mode is not "sticking" for me on my iPad (iPadOS 14.4).  Once selected, a currently-running JRemote holds the Dark theme, but anytime the app is restarted, it is defaulting back to Light.

Also, pulling up track info (just from browsing, not the Playing Now screen) and hitting any of the small circled "i" instances to advance displayed info to that track also serves to start playback of that track.

Other than those two items, the latest release is working fine for me.  Continued thanks for showing JRemote on iOS some love!

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 06:44:57 pm »

Little surprised I’m the first to report this.  Imagine I already have music queued up.  I want to add an entire album to the end of the queue. I highlight the first track (long press), select “All Tracks” from the pop-up menu, and the existing queue is now instantly replaced with the new album.  I don’t have a choice to select “Add to Now Playing.”  This changes the way I listen and, in this little world of ours, is a big deal for me.  Thanks!

iPhone 8 (iOS 14.4) and latest stable version of MC on Win 10.

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 05:06:41 pm »

Little surprised I’m the first to report this.  Imagine I already have music queued up.  I want to add an entire album to the end of the queue. I highlight the first track (long press), select “All Tracks” from the pop-up menu, and the existing queue is now instantly replaced with the new album.  I don’t have a choice to select “Add to Now Playing.”  This changes the way I listen and, in this little world of ours, is a big deal for me.  Thanks!

iPhone 8 (iOS 14.4) and latest stable version of MC on Win 10.

Here's another I've been encountering:  If I globally search for a track with more than one entry of the same name, and have selected  "1+ Add to playing now", as the default tap mode, then if I try to select a particular track, instead of only that track being selected, all tracks found in the search of the same name will be added to playing now.

Richee

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2021, 09:44:36 pm »

Dark mode is not "sticking" for me on my iPad (iPadOS 14.4).  Once selected, a currently-running JRemote holds the Dark theme, but anytime the app is restarted, it is defaulting back to Light.

Also, pulling up track info (just from browsing, not the Playing Now screen) and hitting any of the small circled "i" instances to advance displayed info to that track also serves to start playback of that track.

Other than those two items, the latest release is working fine for me.  Continued thanks for showing JRemote on iOS some love!

The JRemote 3.35 change log says "Theme will now switch automatically to light or dark depending on iOS setting." Sounds like they wanted JRemote light/dark mode to change according
to IOS versions with the light/dark mode setting. And no way to tell JRemote to ignore the mode
that IOS is using. I personally like JRemote to always use dark mode.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2021, 05:31:24 am »

Unfortunately you may be right. If so, it would make sense to have added Automatic as an option that would follow the ios setting. But even that doesn’t make sense to me. If that is the case why put that Dark/Light option there at all if it doesn’t stick?! I much prefer keeping it dark at all times. I find the light mode very distracting and unnecessary.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2021, 09:41:32 am »

Unfortunately you may be right. If so, it would make sense to have added Automatic as an option that would follow the ios setting. But even that doesn’t make sense to me. If that is the case why put that Dark/Light option there at all if it doesn’t stick?! I much prefer keeping it dark at all times. I find the light mode very distracting and unnecessary.
Light mode on your device isn't distracting?

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2021, 10:57:24 am »

Not sure I understand your question.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2021, 12:29:36 am »

Here's another I've been encountering:  If I globally search for a track with more than one entry of the same name, and have selected  "1+ Add to playing now", as the default tap mode, then if I try to select a particular track, instead of only that track being selected, all tracks found in the search of the same name will be added to playing now.

Similar to this, a long standing bug, never addressed or responded to.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,126599.0.html

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2021, 05:29:36 pm »

I might be imagining it working before, but did the iOS "now playing" integration ever work for playing to an external zone? The apple widget goes back to not playing as soon as I connect to an MC27 client and I am no longer able to use my watch/iphone to control the playback/volume.

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2021, 01:02:56 pm »

I am trying to use the JRemote app with JRiver 27.0.62 silicon/Intel Beta for Macintosh.
The app recognizes the system but when I select Remote, a lot of the gestures (e.g. move cursor left or right to select a title) don’t seem to work. I do get responses when I hit Play or Stoo on JRemote.

Is it possible to create two different icons that contain settings for multiple instances of JRiver? I am flipping back and forth between Windows and Mac while I try and see if the Mac version will work for me. It is getting tedious having to keep swapping IP addresses and passwords.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

HaWi

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2021, 09:05:52 am »

Is it possible to create two different icons that contain settings for multiple instances of JRiver?
You can use JRemote to connect to different servers and keep those connections stored in JRemote. Just add another server in the JRemote settings. Then you can just choose which one to use later. I have 4 servers running (NAS, RPi4, iMac and MacBookPro) and I made a connection for each in JRemote. Also, I'd recommend updating both Media Center and JRemote to the latest version.
JRemote 3.43

David593

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2021, 10:57:07 am »

Changes in this build:

Built with a launch storyboard.
    Local video playback to the iPhone/iPad implements the new Media Center 27 video playback method.
    Fixed the info line spacing for iPhones with a notch.
    Fixed the spacing of the settings gear for iPhones with a notch.
    Fixed the search bar spacing for iPhones with a notch.
    Fixed the floating search bar spacing for iPhones with a notch.
    Starting to work on theme setting for Dark mode.
    Theme will now switch automatically to light or dark depending on iOS setting.
    Crashes on iOS  versions below 11 fixed.
    Spacing for devices without a home button in the Playing Now Metadata and Playlist screen fixed.
    Top spacing for Title/Track on devices with a notch tweaked.

Issues still to be addressed:

Quick jump on lists when article sorting is enabled.
    Rotation of the playing now screen on 4.7" iPhones (where rotation is supposed to be disabled).

And broken functionality..... please could someone respond to the boggling bug you have introduced so the remote can no longer let you see what media you have played or details using the ‘i’ function. This is NOT a minor cock-up. I have 8tb of media files and watch tv series etc. Losing the ability to check the last episode I have watched is FUNDAMENTAL to being able to use the remote for media files. Breaking the ability to look at an episode, play count and description using the ‘i’  button, as mentioned by many above, is a problem. Could someone acknowledge this and give an estimated fix time please? This is something ANY testing should have found for heavens sake. I’m annoyed because I posted above a while ago with others and had no response or acknowledgement. At least wind back the version please!

David R. Williams

• Recent member
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2021, 07:46:09 pm »

I'm having the same issues with Light/Dark settings, inability to change any metadata using the “i” button for anything other than the first track, and all of the other problematic new issues that have been introduced with 3.35, and wish to high-heaven that I’d never updated from 3.34

I'm running IPadOS 14.4 on a 2018 iPad Pro.

....in addition, even though I’ve run hard-resets on the iPad multiple times, reinstalled the app multiple times, reset the server connections, etc., I'm experiencing frequent application crashes when I open the app (at least half the time the app crashes and restarts from scratch) which do not appear connected to any particular setting, status, or function being used.

This is very frustrating, and I sincerely hope that fixes are underway for these issues.  Sadly, the app has gone from one of my most favoured apps to a necessary evil that frustrates me every time I try to use it, for all of the issues enumerated above and in this thread.

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2021, 03:59:05 am »

Having problems with constant crashing when starting the app after not having used the app for some time of Version 3.35 and inability to keep dark theme after crash on the latest iPad Pro and iPhone SE2 with iOS 14.4.

Will there be new betas to fix this?

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2021, 04:28:18 am »

As long as you keep build 399 of 3.35 alive, there’s at least a workaround avoiding the annoying crashes and light mode while having the cue bar fixed already.

Edit: crashed also appear with 399 but dark mode stays after that.

ilona Tensil

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2021, 01:31:30 pm »

Hi,

Since I upgraded to version 3.35, I am unable to rate (star rating) my music files by using the JRemote app. I can only rate the first song of each CD, as soon as I press on the stars of the second song, it will start playing the song instead of rating it.

Kind regards Ilona

Shikie

• Recent member
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2021, 05:44:10 pm »

I have JRiver 27 and have had no problems with JRemote for several years. Suddenly, I cannot connect JRemote to JRiver. I have reinstalled JRemote and used the access key and the IP address.  Very frustrating.  Can someone help me?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2021, 06:11:55 pm »

That's usually a network problem.  Firewall, for example.  Try power cycling everything on the network.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2021, 07:02:31 pm »

Also when JRemote can't connect it will print out a log of what it's trying. Can you post that here (take a screen shot)?

HerbT

• Recent member
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2021, 01:56:14 pm »

About to purchase IdPI and/or Id Nuc.  Would there be any differences on the JRemote display on an iPad?  Would the content be the same from the Pi as the Nuc.  Would the Nuc have a faster display response time?  Thanks. 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2021, 05:21:41 pm »

About to purchase IdPI and/or Id Nuc.  Would there be any differences on the JRemote display on an iPad?  Would the content be the same from the Pi as the Nuc.  Would the Nuc have a faster display response time?  Thanks.
The IdNUC will be faster simply because it's a more powerful platform.
An IdPi will be fine if you store your media on an external USB drive. As for JRemote, you won't see a big difference between the two unless you have a multichannel DSD files in your library.

Shikie

• Recent member
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2021, 04:45:25 pm »

That's usually a network problem.  Firewall, for example.  Try power cycling everything on the network.

What does power cycling everything on the network mean?

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2021, 06:14:21 pm »

If you have a typical home network, unplug the power cable on your router and the power cable on your main computer. Wait 30 seconds, then plug them in again.

R32NJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2021, 06:41:43 pm »

I have had Windows 10 updates break JRemote access as well and had to re-enable Media Center access through the Windows firewall.

Moravid

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2021, 09:22:51 am »

Video quality is poor on my iPhone 12 mini. I use my notebook as DLNA server and configured it to not transcode audio or video yet Task Manager shows very high CPU usage when I'm pulling videos from it. the iPhone app has a High, Medium and Low video quality selection so it seems to force transcoding always. I've tried a different mobile app and it works as expected, no transcoding occurs and quality is great, what am I doing wrong? I've tested this on MC 25 and a trial version of 27

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2021, 07:37:36 pm »

I have to ask, will any of these issues be addressed some time soon? Most of the problems and concerns that have been commented on since the update have gone without any response. Is it Unreasonable to expect some sort of update as to what the intentions are regarding these issues and when they will be addressed? It’s been weeks since its release. I really hope it doesn’t tame another 2 out more months as in the past.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up