INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (iOS) 3.35  (Read 6213 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote (iOS) 3.35
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2021, 10:13:57 pm »

I have to ask, will any of these issues be addressed some time soon? Most of the problems and concerns that have been commented on since the update have gone without any response. Is it Unreasonable to expect some sort of update as to what the intentions are regarding these issues and when they will be addressed? It’s been weeks since its release. I really hope it doesn’t tame another 2 out more months as in the past.
Are you testing beta releases?  Any fixes appear there first.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2021, 05:18:20 am »

No, I don’t have the Beta. Now that you mention it, i do remember reading about the beta but i always thought betas were only for a select test group. I’m not sure I’m a good candidate for beta as I’m so heavily dependent on the app for music and video through out my entire home. And office actually. But that is great to know it’s being worked on. My frustration got the better of me not knowing it was being worked on. Thank s for your response.

David R. Williams

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2021, 01:21:33 pm »

I’d be happy to help out as a Beta tester! 

Please let me know.

susieQ

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2021, 02:28:24 pm »

Same problem with 'i' for anything below the first track.  We had just bought a new iPad, (OS 14) on the old  ipad (6 years old) no problem..  I wonder if it a compatibility issue with newer devices.

Still loving JRiver after 8 years.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2021, 07:23:44 pm »

If I choose and album and try starting to play from a track in the middle of the list, I used to be able to press and hold that track until the option to play just the "Selection" or "All tracks" came up. Now it is impossible to move away from the default "Selection" option; doing so results in the track you want to play playing immediately and stopping playback when done.
I tried this on two different installations of JRemote and MC in two different countries. Same result.

David R. Williams

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2021, 05:03:14 pm »

As I just mentioned to Bob in a separate message, using the beta of 3.36 over the past day has addressed the “i” tagging, application crashes, and theme issues that I’d had with 3.35

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2021, 08:44:42 am »

Unless I hear reports in the next few hours about regressions from the Beta testers, I'm going to promote 3.36 to release.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2021, 11:52:31 am »

Installed 3.36 just minutes ago.  The issue I reported on earlier regarding "All Tracks, Add to "Now Playing"" appears to be fixed.  Yay.  I was concerned since the issue didn't appear in the release notes.  Thanks!  Glad to have the function back.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2021, 07:28:11 pm »

I just applied version 3.36 also. The “i” function now appears to be working as it did before and I’m a happy camper. Thanks to everyone who did the fix and the testing. It’s very much appreciated.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2021, 01:05:57 pm »

Running 3.36. The problems with "i" button are fixed. Thanks!

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2021, 08:58:22 am »

Minor issue but seems like something that should be fixed.  It’s been this way as long as I can remember.  Long press the first song in an album, select all tracks and then select add to “Now Playing.”  The newly added tracks don’t show up in the queue right away.  Once the next song plays, the queue properly updates.  Also, if you unload JRemote and reload, the queue properly populates.

Edit: everything is fine if the queue is already empty.  The above issue only occurs if there are already songs in the queue.

2nd Edit: three times in-a-row it’s worked perfect since I’ve posted.  Go figure. 

3rd Edit: the issue occurs when I go from playing FLAC files to adding DSF files.  Doesn’t happen when I add FLAC files to an already populated list of FLAC files.

jkrichards

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2021, 07:33:36 am »

In version 3.35, the Play Now screen of my iPhone XS Plus and iPhone 6 Plus shows song name as the top line, but the artist/album on the second line is only about 1/3 visible and unreadable. It seems to have a spacing problem. Please see screenshot attached.

Please fix it. Meanwhile, kindly restore version 3.34 for our use. Many thanks.

I have the same issue.  My eyes need the large fonts to even see text.  This issue showed in this 3.36 version.  Any work around???

Moravid

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2021, 08:29:52 am »

Video quality is poor on my iPhone 12 mini. I use my notebook as DLNA server and configured it to not transcode audio or video yet Task Manager shows very high CPU usage when I'm pulling videos from it. the iPhone app has a High, Medium and Low video quality selection so it seems to force transcoding always. I've tried a different mobile app and it works as expected, no transcoding occurs and quality is great, what am I doing wrong? I've tested this on MC 25 and a trial version of 27

Any feedback on this? How do I disable transcoding?

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2021, 09:41:00 am »

I believe video is always transcoded unless it is a native iphone type, eg mp4 or m4v.  All other video is transcoded.  I think...

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

jkrichards

• Recent member
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2021, 03:38:23 am »

I have the same issue.  My eyes need the large fonts to even see text.  This issue showed in this 3.36 version.  Any work around???

I have discovered that if you set the font size in the IOS display settings to at least 3 ticks down from the largest an then open JRemote the issues is not there however the text is smaller and hard to read but the second line is not cut off.  You can then go to your IOS settings and turn the font size all the way up so all other apps are easy to read.  As long as you do not close jriver the text cutoff is not an issue (though hard to read because it's too small).  By closing I mean remove from background memory by swiping it off the screen.
This makes me believe that the text size in jriver is set only when it is first opened.  It looks like there needs to be more room made for the text as it just gets cut off if the font size is set over the 3rd tick mark from the largest.  This was not an issue in 3.34. iPhone XR.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2021, 08:12:49 am »

I believe video is always transcoded unless it is a native iphone type, eg mp4 or m4v.  All other video is transcoded.  I think...
Yes
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up