INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Not Found Solution!  (Read 490 times)

Sangie

• Recent member
Library Not Found Solution!
« on: February 17, 2021, 10:07:41 am »

So I was fighting with this for awhile and I wanted to post my solution because I didn't see it anywhere. I was trying to load an old library but it no longer was at the path in MC and there wasn't an option to relocate it.

So what I did was open the file User Settings.ini, which is at ~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 27/Settings. Look for the following lines

Code: [Select]
[Properties\\Libraries]
0="<XMLPH version\=\"1.0\">\r\n<Item Name\=\"LibraryPath\">\[App Data Path\]Library/</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"Hidden\">0</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"NamedByUser\">0</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"LibraryServerAccessKey\"/>\r\n<Item Name\=\"Type\">1</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"DLNADeviceID\"/>\r\n<Item Name\=\"LibraryServerURL\"/>\r\n<Item Name\=\"Origin\">1</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"DisplayName\">Main Library</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"ServerPresentationPage\"/>\r\n<Item Name\=\"ServerDeviceURL\"/>\r\n<Item Name\=\"Secure\">0</Item>\r\n</XMLPH>"
1="<XMLPH version\=\"1.0\">\r\n<Item Name\=\"LibraryPath\">\[App Data Path\]DLNA Library/uuid_4d696e69-444c-164e-9d41-245ebe4f84db/</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"Hidden\">0</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"NamedByUser\">0</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"LibraryServerAccessKey\"/>\r\n<Item Name\=\"Type\">2</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"DLNADeviceID\">uuid:4d696e69-444c-164e-9d41-245ebe4f84db</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"LibraryServerURL\"/>\r\n<Item Name\=\"Origin\">3</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"DisplayName\">barkbox</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"ServerPresentationPage\">http://192.168.2.69:8080/</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"ServerDeviceURL\">http://192.168.2.69:8200/</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"Secure\">0</Item>\r\n</XMLPH>"
2="<XMLPH version\=\"1.0\">\r\n<Item Name\=\"LibraryPath\">/Volumes/home/Happy/Twinks/zMediaCenter/</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"Hidden\">0</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"NamedByUser\">1</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"LibraryServerAccessKey\"/>\r\n<Item Name\=\"Type\">1</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"DLNADeviceID\"/>\r\n<Item Name\=\"LibraryServerURL\"/>\r\n<Item Name\=\"Origin\">2</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"DisplayName\">Twinks</Item>\r\n<Item Name\=\"ServerPresentationPage\"/>\r\n<Item Name\=\"ServerDeviceURL\"/>\r\n<Item Name\=\"Secure\">0</Item>\r\n</XMLPH>"
Version=i:"3"

So in this case, I had a library called Twinks (don't ask) and the old path was /Volumes/Misc/Twinks/zMediaCenter. Because I changed my NAS server, that path no longer exists and recreating it would be a giant pain. So I changed /Volumes/Misc/Twinks/zMediaCenter to /Volumes/home/Happy/Twinks/zMediaCenter/. Once I saved the ini file and reopened MC, I was able to load the library without issue!

Wheaten

Re: Library Not Found Solution!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 10:21:36 am »

Now I have to know, Twinks?  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 10:30:12 am »

Why couldn't you restore a backuo?  MC makes them automatically.

Sangie

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 12:39:41 pm »

Now I have to know, Twinks?  ;D
Haha, check here. Basically think young men that shave and look boyish. Smooth guys. Hey, straight men don't want their woman to have hairy legs right? Some gay men don't want their man to have hairy legs or chests either haha

Why couldn't you restore a backuo?  MC makes them automatically.
Because there was no backup :< The problem is I switched computers as well and didn't remember to move over everything in Documents.

Wheaten

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 02:12:38 pm »

should have followed your advice, don't ask.......  :o

Naïve me, I was thinking about things like 

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 03:56:17 pm »

Yes, orphaned Library entries in MC have been an issue for a long while.  Sometimes you can remove them using File > Library > Manage Libraries .  But that does not always work.  I've had to hand edit the ".ini" file several times in the past.  I don't recommend it.  But it usually works fine.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up