INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing image files!  (Read 659 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Importing image files!
« on: April 10, 2003, 04:15:24 am »

Select a few files and then go to file properties.  There you can use "tools" / fill properties from file name.  Experiment carefully.

Hi JimH,

yesterday I imported and tagged almost 5000 images into MC9! It worked fast and flawlessly - the counter showed a slow down at around 1900-2100, but then speeded up again and did the work in less than 2 minutes!

Concerning your quote above: For experienced users who know MC9 well, the "Rename files from properties" is easy to use, but it might not be for newbie users to find out!

It would be easier, if the renaming rules could be set at the time of media import, where you have to make the decision, how you want your files structured - kind of input rules as opposed to output rules in options!

Most users have all their files structured in directory trees and it would be enhance their MC experience, if they would find their structure reflected in MC again.

The luxury variant would be for MC detecting the underlying directory structure automatically and present that as default renaming rule! That would certainly improve the newbies MC experience!

Note that I use MC and not MC9, as we know you are not going to add any new features for the time being! I could keep all my ideas in a word file on my desktop for later, but think I better share them as they show up in my mind!
Pages: [1]   Go Up