INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Topping E30 Setup  (Read 3395 times)

dracoss

Topping E30 Setup
« on: February 24, 2021, 02:13:49 pm »

I first tried to install the dac on Windows 10 and configure JRiver. I gave up and decided to give my Imac a try.
It installed the drivers without anything downloaded by me. I could play normal files without a hitch. But when I tried to play DSD files, just silence or hiss.
For a couple hours I searched everywhere for an answer, changed settings so many times forgot what I was changing.
So to help anyone else that finds themselves frustrated, I hope this helps.
Under Core Audio Settings I set Low Pass Fiilter to OFF. Number of Threads set to Auto.
Audio Format 4XDSD in DoP.
DSD Configuration Low Pass Fiilter OFF.
Number of Threads for SACD/DFF DST set to AUTO.
Increase Volume of DSD to PCM +6db.

That did the trick for me and I am gleefully listen to Stevie Ray on DSD.

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Topping E30 Setup
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 05:21:12 am »

I had some troubles also.   Initially, the E30 played well.     Then I had some dropouts and other quite severe issues with MC playback of a Hi Res classical movement.   I first suspected the E30 handshaking communications and then I suspected the USB cable quality.   Then I realized I had the E30 set for the Pre-amp version instead of a DAC.   

But, I did three things at once.   I changed the Mac mini app to maximum quality.   I changed to DAC on the E30 and I switched the MC output format to 4xDSD as you suggest above and so far so good with FLAC music and 64 bit DFF.   I'm still using a run-of-the-mill USB cable.

However, I am having difficulty finding where you found the other settings (Low pass filter, DSD, core audio, etc) in MC in your above post.   Are you using MC 27 on a Mac?  OR are you  looking at the Mac midi settings?

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Topping E30 Setup
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 06:49:52 am »

Well, my E30 was working fine for a while.   

Then I got a horrible static noise and now I can't get it back to the DAC mode.    I saw there were some problems with E30s and there is a firmware update but I can't find it.

I'm going to return it as I just got it.

I exchanged it for slightly more expensive SMSL M-300 Mk II

Pages: [1]   Go Up