INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver For Android TV Requests  (Read 1741 times)

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver For Android TV Requests
« on: February 26, 2021, 09:45:09 am »

While this Android TV version of JRiver now plays videos VERY WELL, including  DOLBY VISION mkvs, there are design issues

The top page  needs a "search" or Jump to, similar to MO4media.  The mobile version as of recent does have a "search" but the TV JRiver for Android does not.

We have color bleeding all over the page.  Can we have some background/foreground color scheme ? It looks ugly on this page while browsing. Gizmo JRemote/Jremote2 do have have good color,and nice browsing schemes.

If you load a page in "RECENT" mode, you will notice the browsing is displayed in a straight line-- horizontal. This is supposed to be a Grid mode display.

I also asked if the code can be updated to let IP/Access Key be used on the TV the mobile versions so that Android tvs outside of home can connect. I have children living elsewhere that want to take advantage of JRiver for Android  being able to connect outside of the home.

During playback we need  "POP UP" message  such as " video loading", please wait when a playback is started.  There seem to be a long delay, at times it is so long, it looks like the app is locked up or not responding

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver For Android TV Requests
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 10:04:56 am »

Bugs should be posted in the thread that announced the build.  The current thread is here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128464.0.html

rec head

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 11:45:40 am »

While this Android TV version of JRiver now plays videos VERY WELL, including  DOLBY VISION mkvs

Really? I have been asking about this and don't know how I missed it.

Ekpen

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 02:08:11 pm »

Bugs should be posted in the thread that announced the build.  The current thread is here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128464.0.html
Hello:
my bad. at  times I struggle to compose.
I am forgetful, find it very difficult to perform simple tasks. I am still struggling.
I hope you understand.
Please let forum members know that JRiver for android TVs does play DOLBY Vision mkvs very well with Nvidia Shield PRO.
Several months ago, I tested with the new Chromecast for google tv, it was not reliable.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up