INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Cover Art Does not appear  (Read 3674 times)

rockitdoc

• Junior Woodchuck
Album Cover Art Does not appear
« on: March 09, 2021, 09:26:08 am »

how does one get the album cover to appear in Audio?  i just see a big music symbol.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album Cover Art Does not appear
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 10:29:17 am »

how does one get the album cover to appear in Audio?  i just see a big music symbol.
Right click on the Album
Cover Art
And choose an option, easiest is "get from internet" if it's not an obscure album.

rockitdoc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 10:47:18 am »

Right click on the Album
Cover Art
And choose an option, easiest is "get from internet" if it's not an obscure album.
no right click on macs.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 10:48:28 am »

no right click on macs.
If you only have a single button mouse the alternative is always control-click.
My Apple Magic mouse is configured in System Preferences to have a right click (secondary) BTW.

rockitdoc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 11:30:55 am »

If you only have a single button mouse the alternative is always control-click.
My Apple Magic mouse is configured in System Preferences to have a right click (secondary) BTW.
ok, i figured it out, but why is this necessary?  the rest of my library shows the cover art without going thru the internet. only the albums i recently added required this.  isn't there an automatic means of doing this?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 05:30:19 pm »

ok, i figured it out, but why is this necessary?  the rest of my library shows the cover art without going thru the internet. only the albums i recently added required this.  isn't there an automatic means of doing this?
Are you adding them from files or via ripping?
They should be looked up automatically upon ripping.

If you are just adding files, other apps may or may not store cover art in the file's tag.
iTunes for instance does not, it just stores it in it's database.
MC will do that, and also optionally store it in the file tag so you won't need to do that again in the future with other apps for example.
If you have a bunch file files that you imported, you can look under the playlists->smartlists->Audio --Missing cover art
select them all
and do the right-click get cover art from internet option
that will do them all at once.

rockitdoc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 08:22:09 am »

i put a CD in the Mac Disc drive.  The icon for the album shows up on screen.   i open the icon and each song file name appears. i select and drag the song icons to the Mac's hard drive and place them in a folder I name for the artist, ie, hard drive/Pink Floyd/wish you were here/song icons.
should i be doing this another way?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 09:54:28 am »

i put a CD in the Mac Disc drive.  The icon for the album shows up on screen.   i open the icon and each song file name appears. i select and drag the song icons to the Mac's hard drive and place them in a folder I name for the artist, ie, hard drive/Pink Floyd/wish you were here/song icons.
I would use MC to rip the CD using the CD drive entry in Drives and Devices in the left MC tree.
It will then lookup the cover art when the CD's are ripped and encoded. You can choose your encoding type and file placement there.
Apple Music might fight with MC for control of the drive, you might have to disable the Mac from opening Music by default for CD's.

SandsOfArrakis

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2021, 06:48:49 am »

I've used Google Images to look up missing album art for many of my albums. Downloaded the album picture and copied the file into the folder containing the album. Then added the file in the album art windows by directing it to the file through the Finder. No more missing artwork :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2021, 07:02:50 am »

You can also copy and paste from the browser to the tag window.

dsdudzik

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 09:03:40 am »

I just upgraded from MC25 to 27 and most of my cover art disappeared.  It's ridiculous that I have to select a thousand albums and get the cover art back - just saying!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2021, 11:50:50 am »

Restore a backup.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2021, 02:29:47 am »

I just upgraded from MC25 to 27 and most of my cover art disappeared.  It's ridiculous that I have to select a thousand albums and get the cover art back - just saying!

It disappeared becasue you do not have the coverart images stored inside your actual file tags. I don't run on a Mac but on PC the MC temporary settings are in %AppData% /Roaming /J River /Media Center 25 /CoverArt /Albums. Someone else can tell you where the Mac equivalent settings file is at in ~Library\Preferences\* somewhere.

I have a File view set up to show the "Image File " field to make sure they are always "Inside File" which means they are in the tags and will move with versions. Or they can be "Folder.JPG" which means the jpg is in the folder together with the tracks and will move with the file folders. I bet if you look at you library you have many sitting in the folder above. It's up to you to manage them by updating your file tags to copy with a new image from MC 25 folder above or saving them from internet again. If you leave them in the AppData folder of course they will not move with the version as the next MC (27 in your case) is standalone and has it's own app data folder for temporary settings.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

harrellbob

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2021, 12:19:02 pm »

Hope this is related enough to the thread, but in MC 27 with Mac, I don't see an option to save cover art inside file in the Options>General>Importing & Tagging section.  Is this not an option for Mac and/or ALAC?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2021, 02:50:52 pm »

Hope this is related enough to the thread, but in MC 27 with Mac, I don't see an option to save cover art inside file in the Options>General>Importing & Tagging section.  Is this not an option for Mac and/or ALAC?
The option is under File Location->Cover Art

harrellbob

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2021, 04:49:34 pm »

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up