INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When I upgraded to this version my library was corrupted  (Read 1919 times)

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
When I upgraded to this version my library was corrupted
« on: March 12, 2021, 04:57:38 pm »

So whenever this version was put out I upgraded to it. I have no idea why I upgraded, but after the upgrade my library was corrupted. I tried to get help on this forum but never received any. If I upgrade again to the latest version will my problems go away. The issue is that JRiver won't play certain files. They played fine in the previous version, they have never been moved, but JRiver says they don't exist. Also all of the sudden some albums have duplicate tracks of all the songs.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: When I upgraded to this version my library was corrupted
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 06:14:19 pm »

An upgrade won't corrupt anything.

Can you be more specific about the problem?

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 06:36:44 pm »

Hey Jim,
Sure I’ll take some screen shots and show you. FWIW all worked fine before update then all was broken immediately after update. Hey, but I’m sure something else could have happened at the exact same time, I’m just not aware of it. I’ll get back to you tomorrow with screen shots. Thanks very much for the reply.
Steve

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 09:28:51 pm »

The files may not be where you think they are.  Hover your mouse over a file and check the location in the tooltip that pops up.  Then find the file.

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 10:54:08 pm »

OK I'm going through each album in alphabetical order. Here is the first error I have come across. there are more with this same problem. https://steveruddyphotography.com/images/Forum_mages/adel21.JPG

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2021, 06:54:54 am »

How about the tooltip?  The names may differ.  Or the locations.

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2021, 10:46:51 am »

The tooltip pop up says the same as the image I posted. Here it is again https://steveruddyphotography.com/images/Forum_mages/adel21.JPG and there is only one file per song not two like in the software.

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 10:59:25 am »

Bump

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 11:27:20 am »

From your previous post, it seems you upgraded your whole computer, not just MC:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119780.msg828185.html#msg828185

It also sounds like you had some issues and had to muck around until you fixed it. My guess is that the drive letter changed on the new PC.

<theory>
So what may have happened is that you imported the existing library which pointed to the wrong drive letter, then configured auto-import with the new letter (which imported all files again, creating duplicates), then used the Rename tool to fix the drive letter on the old ones. Hence the duplicates.
</theory>

To fix that you'll need to delete the duplicates. One way to do that is:
- create a Smartlist to list all duplicates (shows the pairs of duplicate files)
- sort by Imported Date
- delete the older ones (or new ones, up to you depending on which metadata set you want to keep)

There's already a smartlist for duplicates, see if that works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up