INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there any way to track who is connected to your Media Server via Panel?  (Read 1205 times)

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...

Is there somewhere you can see the number of currently connected users with their IP addresses? Perhaps the ability to kick any off that you aren't expecting?

Thanks,
Kwake

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Set up authentication and restart the server.

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...

Thanks Jim, so I need to set a password and give it to all expected users and then MC will be able to tell me who is currently connected at any one time? Where would I go to find that information in MC?

To be clear, I'm not concerned about security really, I only want to know who is currently connected to my server (I've sent the URL to friends and family only).

In the rare case that I don't recognize a particular connection, the ability to kick them, and even add to a block list, would be ideal - but not what I'm looking for in this question.

Regards,
Kwake

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team

There is no way to do this atm (as far as I am aware). MC does not report this info anywhere.

zybex

• MC Beta Team

At most, MC would be able to tell you the IP addresses of incoming connections and which shared file they're playing, but that's not implemented yet.

You can get the IPs of the current connections with a tool like this:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up