INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (iOS) 3.36  (Read 21337 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRemote (iOS) 3.36
« on: April 06, 2021, 08:17:26 am »

Changes in this build:

Fixed crashing caused by build tool updates.
   Fixed (i)nfo selection malfunction caused by build tool updates.
   Fixed track selection malfunction caused by build tool updates.

Known issues:

Top spacing on notched devices with large fonts.
  Quick jump on lists when article sorting is enabled.

jkrichards

• Recent member
Re: JRemote (iOS) 3.36
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 03:42:30 am »

My Iphone 6 plus, which does not have the top notch, also cuts the text off. 

jdhall320

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 02:53:34 pm »

I cannot for the life of me find the instructions to connect the laptop to the iPad I have downloaded the app from the App Store and I figured it out once because it worked but then I had a software problem and had to uninstall and reinstall jriver 26 but they will not connect so I don’t know what’s wrong or how to fix it and I have search every way I know how so if some one could direct me to the instructions or if you know how to get it reconnected I would really appreciate it

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 02:59:18 pm »

Read about Access Key on our wiki.

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 01:50:14 pm »

What about adding support for google cast/chromecast? I've seen other apps on iOS support both airplay and gcast so I know it isn't locked away on an OS level. Would be quite useful for iOS users who owns android devices like TVs or set-top boxes etc.

Dmytro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 08:33:30 pm »

Hi Bob,

Hope you're doing well. Big thanks for all the work on JRemote recently - most of the bugs have been fixed, video works, interface has been extended... the list goes on.

Just one of the earlier interface bugs that still persists (screenshots below) - any chance you can fix it? I think this was fixed in one of the betas before, but then it sneaked back in. Cheers, Dmytro
iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.5, JRemote 3.36 beta

lbt911

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 11:32:33 am »

I am trying to connect JRemote to my Digibit Aria music server [The Aria app which I've been using these past 5 years is apparently is not compatible with the new ios 14.5].  I could use some step by step help in adding this server to JRemote.  Don't know where to find "access key" using ipad.  I tried connecting via IP address to no avail.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 08:30:19 pm »

You'll find your Access Key in Media Center under Tools -> Options -> Media Network under the "Use Media Network..." checkbox

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 07:32:01 pm »

Hi

It would be very nice if JRemote could support split view on iPad (apparently it does not). It supports slide over but this is not very convenient for my usage.

Regards
Thierry
S1 Listening: Mac Mini, JRiver, Minimserver, Roon, Qobuz, Matrix X-Sabre3, Ayon Sheris III, Kinki EX-B7, Vivid G2S2
S2 Playing and studio: Yamaha WXA-50, HEFA Mutine, Seinway O180

Grga-Ri

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2021, 12:41:59 pm »

Hi Bob,

Hope you're doing well. Big thanks for all the work on JRemote recently - most of the bugs have been fixed, video works, interface has been extended... the list goes on.

Just one of the earlier interface bugs that still persists (screenshots below) - any chance you can fix it? I think this was fixed in one of the betas before, but then it sneaked back in. Cheers, Dmytro
iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.5, JRemote 3.36 beta

I wanted to ask same the thing...

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2021, 01:08:43 pm »

It seems like the version of Dev Studio for Mac that fixed that issue is the same as the one that caused the iPad formatting issue.
I'm going to try making a new beta build when they stabilize the current dev studio to see if it fixes both issues.

jkrichards

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2021, 11:44:43 am »

It seems like the version of Dev Studio for Mac that fixed that issue is the same as the one that caused the iPad formatting issue.
I'm going to try making a new beta build when they stabilize the current dev studio to see if it fixes both issues.

Could this also be the cause for the tiny / cutoff text in the iphone?
Thanks.

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2021, 05:43:08 am »

JRemote recently began playing an album as usual, then stopping after the first track. If I go into the queue and play the second track, the remaining songs play sequentially as expected.

The server is MC28. Anyone else experienced this?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2021, 09:27:55 am »

JRemote recently began playing an album as usual, then stopping after the first track. If I go into the queue and play the second track, the remaining songs play sequentially as expected.

The server is MC28. Anyone else experienced this?
What is the format of the tracks you are trying to play?
Do you have transcoding turned on in JRemote?

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2021, 05:19:42 am »

What is the format of the tracks you are trying to play?
Do you have transcoding turned on in JRemote?

All are FLAC files, standard CD res.

I've never used transcoding, and it's turned off in Settings.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2021, 09:40:45 am »

All are FLAC files, standard CD res.

I've never used transcoding, and it's turned off in Settings.
Are you playing locally on the iDevice, or through the iDevice to Airplay, or on a player zone in MC or on a MC DLNA zone?

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 07:27:16 am »

Are you playing locally on the iDevice, or through the iDevice to Airplay, or on a player zone in MC or on a MC DLNA zone?
A player zone in MC.

I've discovered this is not a JRemote problem. The same thing happens playing an album in MC. Playback stops after the first track. Got to figure out now if this is some buried option in MC Audio, although I can't imagine why anyone would choose this behavior.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2021, 05:29:08 pm »

A player zone in MC.

I've discovered this is not a JRemote problem. The same thing happens playing an album in MC. Playback stops after the first track. Got to figure out now if this is some buried option in MC Audio, although I can't imagine why anyone would choose this behavior.
In the upper right area of the main screen just to the right of the time progress slider there is a playback control button. That is where your issue must be.

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2021, 09:10:37 am »

In the upper right area of the main screen just to the right of the time progress slider there is a playback control button. That is where your issue must be.
The answer is that I was playing around with loading files and albums into memory on the server. It didn't make much difference, so I changed it back to the default. However, I didn't restart the server. JRemote was apparently trying to load files from the server memory, but was only able to find the first song. A server reset fixed the problem.

Thanks for helping out with the detective work.

zebm

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2021, 02:01:19 pm »

Hi. I have used JRiver for many years but I just recently bought the JRemote 2 app and it works great. But one thing I miss is the possibility to download music with JRemote 2 to the Iphone and play it locally. The JRiver sync with Iphone is a bit messy so if I could download a playlist of songs with JRemote 2 I could finally uninstall the dreadful Itunes application from my PC.

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2021, 02:09:23 am »

I am not sure when this started.  But for some reason if I have "Transcode Audio" turned off in settings it eventually turns itself back on for no reason.  The same goes for "Prevent Screen From Dimming".  In fact it seems like the two settings might be affecting each other (Though I am not sure about that).  If I have Prevent Screen from Dimming turned on and Audio transcode turned off they seem to reverse themselves eventually (after a few songs).

This happens playing directly to the iphone (to my Carplay (USB) or to bluetooth headphones / Speakers).

any help much appreciated.

Carl

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2021, 11:11:27 am »

I am not sure when this started.  But for some reason if I have "Transcode Audio" turned off in settings it eventually turns itself back on for no reason.  The same goes for "Prevent Screen From Dimming".  In fact it seems like the two settings might be affecting each other (Though I am not sure about that).  If I have Prevent Screen from Dimming turned on and Audio transcode turned off they seem to reverse themselves eventually (after a few songs).

This happens playing directly to the iphone (to my Carplay (USB) or to bluetooth headphones / Speakers).

any help much appreciated.

Carl
Those options are stored on a per-server basis so perhaps that's what you are noticing?
There was an issue with that about 3 revisions ago but it was fixed.

pwu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2021, 01:15:06 pm »

When I enable "Ignore articles in sort (a, an, the)" in JRemote, it crashes and does not open anymore until I reinstall it. Rebooting does not help.
iPhone XR. Been like this since at least iOS 14.3.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2021, 09:32:41 am »

When I enable "Ignore articles in sort (a, an, the)" in JRemote, it crashes and does not open anymore until I reinstall it. Rebooting does not help.
iPhone XR. Been like this since at least iOS 14.3.
What version of MC?
This has been an issue because JRemote reads articles from MC (if the version is new enough) and some have reported corrupt articles set in MC.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2021, 03:14:01 pm »

I have JRemote 3.36.   I’ve noticed that lately when I have the tags list open for a music file and I click on “Artist bio” the app will crash. It seems to happen if the artist’s name is not known as is the case for some rare classical or early jazz artists.  I understand why the app can’t respond if an artist”s name is unknown but I don’t think it should crash.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2021, 12:00:48 am »

I have JRemote 3.36.   I’ve noticed that lately when I have the tags list open for a music file and I click on “Artist bio” the app will crash. It seems to happen if the artist’s name is not known as is the case for some rare classical or early jazz artists.  I understand why the app can’t respond if an artist”s name is unknown but I don’t think it should crash

Yes I've seen the same thing, JRemote 3.36, IOS 14.6, iPhone 11Pro

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2021, 03:12:52 pm »

Yes I've seen the same thing, JRemote 3.36, IOS 14.6, iPhone 11Pro
Looks like something changed at last.fm. Fixed in the next build.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2021, 07:09:01 am »

Thanks Bob. The crash also happens if a known artist's name is present but the first and last names are reversed. So there are probably several combinations that cause the app to throw in the towel.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2021, 05:34:24 pm »

Split a couple of threads

Lodewijk_Ramon

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2021, 03:05:31 am »

Hi Bob,
I love the iOS-remote app and use it all day. But I wonder why it seems to be so hard or take so long to fix the issue with the quick jump on lists when article sorting is enabled. I would be so grateful if this issue could be scratched of the to-do-list.
Lodewijk

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2021, 03:50:32 pm »

Hi Bob,
I love the iOS-remote app and use it all day. But I wonder why it seems to be so hard or take so long to fix the issue with the quick jump on lists when article sorting is enabled. I would be so grateful if this issue could be scratched of the to-do-list.
Lodewijk
Stuck a bit right now since the new dev system messes up views and I've not figured out how to fix that yet.

pepar

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2021, 12:03:57 pm »

Newb here. I poked through all the app settings and didn't see anything obvious. I looked in the Wiki, and scrolled this thread. I have this setup on my iPhone, connected to the MC Library Server (in my network/server closet). How do I view/listen to content on via the client in my theater?

If I missed a resource where this is described, please point me to it!

Thanks,
Jeff
"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater

I3akker

• Recent member
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2021, 02:07:40 pm »

Hello,
Is there a way to sort albums by date in JRemote?  Such as Audio>Artist>*select an artist*>*albums sorted by date*

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2021, 07:09:53 pm »

Is there a way to sort albums by date in JRemote?  Such as Audio>Artist>*select an artist*>*albums sorted by date*

The JRemote views themselves are managed in Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for JRemote...

If you select Artist under the Audio category you'll see the category display order on the right. Select Album and edit, and you'll see at the bottom you have a sorting option that includes date. You can also sort on other types if you want using predefined attributes or the expression builder

Alternatively if you have already created the view you want in MC with date sorting, you can simply bring it into JRemote views. In the same "Customize Views" window as outlined above, the "Add" button gives you the option of adding a "Library Item from Standard View". If you select this the views you created in MC will be available to select.

I3akker

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2021, 09:57:42 am »

Perfect, thank you!

Ya_Squall

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2021, 04:23:17 am »

Browing audio by "Files" or "Disk". Why is this function missing in the JRemote iOS? This is very useful function for large libraries. Thanks.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2021, 05:29:04 pm »

Browing audio by "Files" or "Disk". Why is this function missing in the JRemote iOS? This is very useful function for large libraries. Thanks.

You should be able to grab this from the MC standard view:

Go to Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for JRemote,

Click Audio in the "Items to Show" table and select Add -> Library Item from Standard View. You should get a list of all the views available in your MC28 config so select  "Audio\Files".

You can name this whatever you like.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2021, 01:55:51 pm »

Anyone else have formatting issues using an iPhone 13 (just bought the phone)?  The play queue screen has a couple issues at the top and bottom of the phone?  The top cuts off the currently playing title and the bottom has the commands too close to the home bar (swipe up).  It's difficult, at best, to select the Action or Edit buttons (and track position, thumbnails, load playlist, or save as playlist) while in portrait mode.  Rotating to landscape solves the problem.  Thanks.

jkrichards

• Recent member
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2021, 09:36:39 am »

Yes this has been an issue for over 6 months and not only with iPhone 13 My 6+, 6s+, XR and X all do the same thing.  The older version of JRemote it was not an issue. 

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2021, 10:43:46 am »

JRemote has suddenly become stuck in Shuffle mode. I don't have it enabled on the UI, and there are no playback rules set in MC28. No matter what I play (playlist or album) it gets shuffled. I reinstalled JRemote but it didn't help.

Any ideas? This only started a few days ago, but it's already become very frustrating.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2021, 02:59:15 pm »

JRemote has suddenly become stuck in Shuffle mode. I don't have it enabled on the UI, and there are no playback rules set in MC28. No matter what I play (playlist or album) it gets shuffled. I reinstalled JRemote but it didn't help.

Any ideas? This only started a few days ago, but it's already become very frustrating.
On an iPhone
Playing Now
Playlist view
Icon in lower left corner? (playlist position vs track number).

What zone are you playing to?
In MC check the zone's shuffle switch, that's zone dependent, each zone has a setting.

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2021, 10:03:44 am »

Using the Update Order command in the zone (after sorting by track number) seems to have fixed the problem. I'd still like to know how it happened, I've never changed any settings in the zone prior to this.

Thanks for the help.

breakingglass

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2022, 11:43:47 am »

Hello.   My iPhone app for jremote has suddenly crashed every time I open it.   If I go to my iphone settings and turn off allow access to local network, the jremote will not crash, but also of course will not connect to my jriver library.   This is the only way I can access the jriver settings.   I've tried playing with some of the ones mentioned on the board, like turning the articles on and off.   Nothing works for me.

Please help.

Thank you.

bg

Edit - Update:  I uninstalled and reinstalled the jremote app on my phone, and ... now it works just fine.   For now.

Second update:   Now, one song later, has reverted to crashing immediately upon opening again.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2022, 11:49:23 am »

Hello.   My iPhone app for jremote has suddenly crashed every time I open it.   If I go to my iphone settings and turn off allow access to local network, the jremote will not crash, but also of course will not connect to my jriver library.   This is the only way I can access the jriver settings.   I've tried playing with some of the ones mentioned on the board, like turning the articles on and off.   Nothing works for me.

Please help.

Thank you.

bg

Edit - Update:  I uninstalled and reinstalled the jremote app on my phone, and ... now it works just fine.   For now.

Second update:   Now, one song later, has reverted to crashing immediately upon opening again.
It's possible your MC has an illegal character in the articles string. If articles are enabled in JRemote it will attempt to retrieve them from your MC server.
In Tools->Options search on articles. Look for something out of place. If they are enabled, disable them for testing.

You can also try running JRemote without MC active and disabling articles under the settings there.

breakingglass

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2022, 09:30:57 am »

Thank you SO much.   I did exactly that.   On JRiver on my computer I searched "articles" and then clicked the box.   It's working now.

mindup

• Recent member
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2022, 10:12:19 am »

Hello gentlemen,

I am having an issue with JRemote 3.36 on iOS : No default zone at all when launching the app on my iPhone or my iPad Pro.
I should at least see "This device" showing up, but no .. nothing .. nada  :-[
This always happens in a specific situation : when I don't have any other DLNA device active on my LAN.

But, when I start a DLNA device to stream music on my LAN (I use JRiver only for music streaming), I see both "This device" and the other DLNA device showing up at the same time in JRemote "Zones" section as soon as I refresh it (don't even have to restart the app), and from there I can stream music to DLNA device or choose to play it on my iPhone without any more trouble..

Also : I tried MO 4Media App on my iPhone, and no pb I always have "This device" showing up every time I launch the app, even if it is alone on network.

My set up is as follows :
MC 28.0.100 in a docker image running on Synology/DSM 7.0.1-42218
DLNA Hi Res music streamer Pioneer N-70A
iPhone XR/iOS 15.2.1 and iPad Pro/iOS 14.8.1

I already tried some switches :
- Enable / disable the "Set zone to 'This device' on connect"
- Enable / disable  "Server follows app zone changes" and "App follows server zone changes"

Did not change a thing..

did I miss something ?

Thanks in advance.
Daniel

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2022, 05:35:56 pm »

Not sure what your are seeing, you should always see at least the server player zone and 'this device'.
However you can go to the server under JRemote's settings,
Hit the i button to get to the server information
and turn on
Set Zone to 'This Device' on connect

mindup

• Recent member
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2022, 06:02:47 am »

Thanks for your reply, Bob.

1/ <Set zone to 'This Device' on connect> is already turned on quite a long time

2/ I have attached 3 snapshots to show you what I see myself :
IMG-1614 : When I start JRemote , I only see "Default" on the lower left corner
IMG-1611 : When I tap on Default to open zone display ... no device showing up
IMG-1615 : When I switch on my connected TV for example, and then I refresh zone display : I see both Samsung TV and This device showing up ..

Hope this will help.
Thank you.
Daniel

Light Ahead

• Recent member
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2022, 02:30:47 pm »

I'm facing the exact same problem and would be highly interested in a solution on that issue.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2022, 02:47:21 pm »

My set up is as follows :
MC 28.0.100 in a docker image running on Synology/DSM 7.0.1-42218
DLNA Hi Res music streamer Pioneer N-70A
iPhone XR/iOS 15.2.1 and iPad Pro/iOS 14.8.1
Docker configuration might be the problem.

Port 1900 has to be open for SSDP in order to discover devices.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up