INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.143 available here  (Read 11024 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.143 available here
« on: April 04, 2003, 08:28:56 am »

Media Center 9.0.143 is available.  

Some things may not work.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90143.exe

1. Fixed: "Playback Options..." on the playback options / filter menu was not working.
2. Fixed: Explorer right-click menu integration icon for MC had fusia-colored edges.
3. Fixed: "Seq" column in "Recently Played" had non-sense numbers in it.
4. Changed: Selection and scroll position will only be saved / restored when using forward and back navigation -- not always.
5. Fixed: Tooltip anomaly that could have accounted for rare crashes during regular GUI use.
6. NEW: Media Server now supports TiVo Home Media Option ( http://www.tivo.com/4.9.asp )
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

TimB

Re: Media Center 9.0.143 beta
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 08:55:14 am »

I click on my Smartlists Group (renamed from AUto Smartlists a few days ago) and before the tracks can list Media Core crashes every time.  Please don't say that this means my Smartlists are all destroyed!

-=Tim=-

Media Center Registered 9.0.142 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2398 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 225 MB
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 10:21:55 am »

I still get same problem playing avi file as reported by Nila in beta 9.0.142:  I double click on one video file and it will begin to play.  I double click another avi file  - get message in the playing Now window that Media Center can't play visualization for this type of file.  I click it again - get Windows Media Player has encountered unknown error.  When I click OK the file plays.
Is there any plan for double clicking a video file to send you to either playing now window or full screen mode?  I must choose window from explorer after clicking video file in order to view this file even though it starts playing.  Is there setting I'm missing?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 12:59:46 pm »

Album Artist still shows the CD icon in the tree.  It should show the little guy icon shouldn't it??

Currently when you have Thumbnails Group by album if logical set clicking on an Artist who has more than one album shows their albums grouped and then when you expand the tree and select an individual album it shows separate tracks.  However if the artist only has one album it shows separate tracks with the tree collapsed and expanded.  Is there any way that clciking on an artist node would always show the grouped album(s) and clicking on an album node would always show separate tracks??

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2003, 01:58:06 pm »

ATTENTION --------->-------------->>>

PLEASE REPORT ONLY SHOW STOPPER BUGS NOW

WE'RE GETTING READY TO RELEASE.

If you have a problem that may or may not be a bug, please post it in another thread and ask if anyone else can see the same problem.

If you are not sure, please don't post it here.

thanks

ChicoSelfs

Re: Media Center 9.0.143 available here
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2003, 02:59:40 pm »

After install MC says to restart windows and i restarted, we windows starts to load the desktop appears a box saying: Mediajukebox is finalizing the installation. ( Maybe is not that exactly what it says but it says MediaJukebox Something )
Made in Portugal

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2003, 03:06:57 pm »

Bugs for Media Center ver. 9.0.143 beta

These are showstoppers for me. I still think there are a lot of things that should be ironed out, but if you're going ahead with release, then these are the most critical bugs in my mind.

• mini-me : The QuickPlay menu is ignoring the Mode Setting. I have it set to Replace Playing Now, and it's just Adding to Playing Now.

• Video : Playback of any filetype through WMP other than WMV causes strange behavior. Although MC is capable of showing every video file in the playlist, every other track change fails. So if I start playback of a list of mpg's and\or avi's, MC will play the first one, and then on a track change (either manual or automatic) MC stops playback and the Player Window displays the text "Waiting". A click on Next or Prev will play the next file just fine. If, while MC is "Waiting" I click Stop, MC displays an error. WMP9 is installed on this system.

• Video : MEGA-ME & Windowed isn't sizing videos properly (those being played by WMP). They always take up the entire Playing Now window. Fullscreen is fine.

• Video : Quicktime doesn't clear the Playing Now window before playing the next file. You can see remnants of the previous file beneath the new one.

• Video : Quicktime playback is really flaky. MC doesn't respond as quickly as normal while Quicktime files are playing. I have Quicktime 6 installed.

• Clean File Properties : Running this on a file by an artist with a name like T.A.T.U. results in T.a.T.U.

• Search : Date related search items are using a nearly impossible to understand format based on seconds in order to specify criteria.

• Slideshow : There is no longer any way to start a slideshow of images along with music.

• Image List View : This doesn't select files correctly. If you select one file, then hold control to select a few more, that works. If you hold down shift and select a range, that works as well. But when holding down Control + Shift to add a range of files to the currently selected files, all of the currently selected files become unselected.

System Info

Media Center Registered 9.0.143 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1667 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 183 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-240B    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Marty3d

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2003, 03:09:07 pm »

Here's a showstopper...if you don't want to have a ton of support questions:

Dates doesn't even remotely work in View schemes. Tip: Remove them. It's only annoying to have them in a list and not being able to use them :)

Kind regards and congratulations to the light in the end of the tunnel!
/Martin

Phoenix

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2003, 03:23:13 pm »

Well, it's a showstopper for me... I can't schedule any recordings.  Media Scheduler crashes whenever I schedule anything for longer than 9 minutes.   I've seen another thread on the subject already...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2003, 03:26:20 pm »

Phoenix,
We will definitely chase the problem with Media Scheduler.  Thanks for reporting it.

Jim

fex

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2003, 03:40:10 pm »

Dates doesn't even remotely work in View schemes. Tip: Remove them. It's only annoying to have them in a list and not being able to use them...

Agree.

Listening to: 'First Date' from 'Take Off Your Pants And Jacket' by 'Blink-182' on Media Center 9.0

Russell

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Another Show Stopper
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2003, 04:06:37 pm »

I have been having trouble with Media Server for the past 3+ releases.  The client can connect to the server and see the server's library.  However, when I select a song to play, the client displays a "Waiting" message near the progress meter and player controls.  The server lists "2% Stopped" under status.  The music never plays.

I have been work around lately by importing the music into the default library (the files are on a network drive).  If I need to do something to fix this please let me know.  Everything worked fone until earlier this week.

Thanks,
Russell

Client ---------------------------------------

Media Center 9.0.143 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Celeron 497 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 129 MB, Free - 38 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Server ----

Media Center 9.0.143 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 725 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 138 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

RemyJ

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2003, 04:27:22 pm »

[Remy -- I've removed your low priority and fixed bugs.  We'll try to get some of them on the next release. -- Jim]

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The confirmation box that pops up on a Find and Replace on filename if the destination file already exists needs more options.  'Accept, Accept All, Ignore, Ignore All and Cancel'

The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: Another Show Stopper
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2003, 04:40:48 pm »

I have been having trouble with Media Server for the past 3+ releases.  The client can connect to the server and see the server's library.  However, when I select a song to play, the client displays a "Waiting" message near the progress meter and player controls.

Hi Russell,

What format songs are you trying to play? MP3 or ...?

j

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Another Show Stopper
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2003, 04:41:39 pm »

I have been having trouble with Media Server for the past 3+ releases.  The client can connect to the server and see the server's library.  

Russell,
Please copy this to a new thread.  It is more likely to be a network or configuration problem.  The server is working for me on XP.

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2003, 04:54:46 pm »

Using ASIO and choosing 4.1 channels JRSS in the output format in DSP studio don't save the configuration
Made in Portugal

tofer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2003, 05:29:21 pm »

I was having trouble ripping a CD in the previous release (141) so I installed the lastest (143).  Now it does not even acknowledge that there is a CD in  the drive.   Anyone having similar issues?  

2.8ghz P4 , 1.5Gbytes RDRAM, 300Gbyte HD, (20avail)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2003, 06:00:25 pm »

The number in (parenthesis) is the build first reported.

BIG ISSUES:
- (126) DVD-CD/RW still not recognized (Toshiba SR-1202).

Note: Running Windows 2000. Installed 143 as a PowerUser. The PowerUser doesn't see the burner. The Administrator does see the burner. Tried installing 143 as the Administrator with the same results. Any insights will be greatly appreciated!

Brad

----------

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

Intel Pentium 4 1788 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 392 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106

Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive Z:
Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max /  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767 /  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No /  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2003, 06:21:07 pm »

I feel the broken Record Sound (& Media Scheduler) is a showstopper because I used to be able to depend on it to record radio programs while I'm away from home:
1. You can set Media Scheduler to start a recording, but not to stop it. (Set to record for 4 hrs (240 minutes)) and it never stops. Or even 15 minutes.)
2. Media Scheduler often crashes after making an edit or adding an item to it. Maybe this is fixed in .143, hasn't crashed yet.
3. The option to load Media Scheduler when Media Center loads doesn't stick. It's always off (and it's always off when installing a new version too--doesn't inherit previous setting, which I guess is off because it doesn't stick).
4. This seems to be fixed in .143: When Media Scheduler *does* start recording, since the last half-dozen builds, 3 dialog boxes appear in succession with only the numerals 1, 2, and 3 in the message box. All three must be clicked OK before the recording starts (which means of course you have to be there to do that, defeating the Scheduler).
5. Setting the maximum track length to a value (like 60 minutes when I set Media Scheduler to record for 4 hrs @ 96 bps wma), doesn't split the tracks. It keeps recording forever, and doesn't turn off after 4 hrs either. To test quicker, set to split at 2 minutes and Media Scheduler to record for 20 minutes. No tracks are split and it doesn't stop at 20 minutes.
6. Not a bug, but can't playback recordings longer than about 1hr 50 min. (Which IS a bug if the tracks can't be split!) So now, because I can't split tracks, I have to play back long tracks (5 hours or even longer (because Media Scheduler won't stop recording)) in WMP. Having to use WMP for playback is not a good way to promote MC.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2003, 06:36:46 pm »

I've just started using Media Server, and I have it set to require a username and password to access.

Ever since I started using it, IE asks me for authentication for various sites.

Like if I go to msn.com, I get prompted for a username and password for global.msads.net & di.image.eshop.msn.com.

If I shut media server down, this problem goes away.

At work, where I'm accessing my media server, MC prompts me for a username and password for our proxy server, and then again for the media server. It keeps trying to use my media server login credentials for our proxy server. Whenever I try to download any plugin or anything, it doesn't do this.

scub

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2003, 06:49:47 pm »

When the display is set to thumbnails the keyboard arrow keys don't work correctly.  I can only move between the 2 left most columns but can move up and down fine.

smackbadger

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2003, 07:31:23 pm »

BUG: Not always grouping albums:
Genre/Album Artist/Album view.
List Style - Thumbnails (album group if logical).
If I open up a Genre, say Alternative, and click on an Album Artist, say 3 Doors Down, that only has 1 album, the thumbnails for all the tracks on the album are not grouped into 1 as I would expect.  If I click on an Album Artist, say Dave Matthews Band, that has multiple albums, the thumbnails for the tracks are grouped by album as I would expect.

-smackbadger

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2003, 08:45:25 pm »

Just mentioned that the registry entries under HKCU are a little bit disordered. There are 3 different locations offering "Media Jukebox" entries. I don't bother about the name of the entries (MJ instead of MC), just about the fact that there are 3 of them. Doesn't make the whole thing very easy to read.

By the way, I saw that the templates added to "Rename from Properties" & "Fill from Filename" are saved to registry as well.
Therefore it should be possible to delete some of them inside the program, now I have to do this via regedit.

Raist

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2003, 09:54:01 pm »

Here are the bugs that need to be fixed, IMHO:

- Delimited Fields: When the last in a list is preceeded by a space (for example "one; two; three") the following appear in the media library under a delimited view scheme:

- [SPACE]three
- (unassigned)
- one
- two

This is consistent with all last items.

- Play Skipping: Skips that are built on a smartlist are not updated after each song. For example, a way to ensure that no songs that have been played in the last two hours can be played again. This worked in MJ8, but never in MC9.

- Dates in View Schemes: It's been mentioned, but either get it to work, or remove it from the list. Obviously, we'd prefer it if it actually worked!

Thanks!

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

dragyn

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2003, 11:05:22 pm »

Only showstopper I have is the closing issue where it takes like 2-4mins to close/restart MC.
I think I fixed it. It takes about a second now with 16,000 thumnails.

Locate file in My Computer (internal) freezes for UNC paths.

Typing in a search window loses focus, jumps around. it always go to media library. that's what's doing it. I shouldn't have to retype everything.

AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 29 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2003, 11:49:44 pm »

Just updated to a later version (from v128) and now I cannot play back video files, they just crash media center and also DVD playback no longer works, it says that Video Cannot be shown on the computer monitor because of the following reasons:
a) Low on video mem
b) Video Card not supported etc.....
The thing is is that it was working last night

Please please please fix this... please. I love MC too much for it to be broken on my computer!!!

Microsoft Windows Me
AMD Athlon 1328 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 0 MB
Resource Info: System - 33 %, GDI - 66 %, User - 33 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: IDE-CD   R/RW 24x12A        Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2003, 12:16:35 am »

Bug found with CD Labeler and Media Editor, please correct!

Did some more testing on this as nobody else complained about this and found the following:

1) On a W2K machine: OK
2) On a WXP machine: not working, but:
2a) tried to execute with "RunAs" Command and Administrator account: both programs started!
2b) But with my daily used "Jaguu" account, which is member of the Administrator group, the two programs do no start!

Conclusion: The 2 programs can only run under the Administrator account and no other member of the Administrators group! So please verify and correct it! Thank you!

That was 45 minutes work to find out!

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2003, 02:32:03 am »

The visualizations "Damaged Layers I - III" use as transparent-color for the layer where the mc-icon is oxffffff, in other words "White". this results in a bad looking mc-logo since all parts being white get transparent (black).

Looks like a big shot-hole on the left-top of the icon ;)

Raist

michel

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2003, 03:00:49 am »

I am sure that the "no refreshing screen" problem during tag operations could move away new users trying the software. That looks as a freeze and that gives a bad impression of the software.

It is not a show-stopper for me but as I know MC but think about new users (and potential customers).

ZRocker

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2003, 04:23:40 am »

Bugs (worth fixing):
1. The Handheld Portable Devices plug-in (v9.0.11) gets a 'Sharing violation' if you attempt to queue and upload a track that is currently playing (in Playing Now).  Also, this may potentially crash MC...seen this in the past.

2. While uploading tracks to a portable device using MC (USB attached CF-card reader), pressed play to start playback of Playing Now (different tracks) and MC just crashed.  100% reproducible...everytime, that is.

3. After completing uploads to portable device (CF-card), I collapsed the CD, DVD, & Handhelds node then immediately expanded the node again and my CF-card reader drive letter was no longer listed (gone).  I went to Windows Explorer and it was still there and accessible.  F5 (refresh) in MC did not bring it back either...restarting MC did bring it back.  The drive letter was still seen in MC's My Computer too and could be accessed.  100% reproducible...everytime, that is.

4. No way in MC's My Computer to use file/folder drag-and-drop functionality and do a Copy...MC always assumes Move operations...I want to use drag-and-drop to Copy tracks to some locations (like a portable drive...accessible via a drive letter).  Windows standard is to hold down the [Ctrl] key while dragging with the mouse to force a Copy...of course, the drop icon/cursor should indicate whether you are doing a Move or a Copy (via plus sign).

5. When uploading to a portable device, the "Warning: Available memory size limit exceeded" error dialog comes up way too much.  In MJ8, this error dialog came up once and that was all you had to acknowledge (was once).  In MC9, it comes up everytime you click on a folder on the portable device...so, if you are trying to resolve the 'over limit' problem, you have to confirm this dialog many, many times.  Once is enough for every queue and reset after upload is done or cancelled.

6. The "Warning: Available memory size limit exceeded" error dialog (for handheld device queues) is being displayed non-Modal...it should be Modal.  As is, you can get multiple error dialogs displayed if you don't press Ok and just click on another folder for the portable device's drive letter encountering the error (in CDs, DVDs, & Handhelds).

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2003, 06:03:45 am »

BUG:  Can't get Media Server to start with TiVo HMO Turned on (Using port 8080) ...

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2003, 07:35:38 am »

Two things about the view-infos:

1.) ViewInfo for the explorer gets written to registry, but when I change to another task & return to explorer later, the view-info reverts to default, doesn't use the saved one.

2.) By saving the viewinfo in the registry instead of a file, it will not be possible to backup the view-info with the corresponding database, isn't this somehow stupid?
After a system-crash I can restore database, but have to redo all view-infos (just if I am someoneelse, that doesn't know how to save reg-entries ;))

Any chance to fix this before going gold?

Raist

smsully

• Recent member
  • Computers are fun...right?
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2003, 08:17:28 am »

Ctrl++ and Ctrl+- no longer adjust the volume level.

DMC-A1

• Recent member
  • Preserving the Air we Breathe
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2003, 08:59:25 am »

What happend to the toolbar "Change Font" icon?
I used the icon to switch between 8pt for working with the database to 16pt for general viewing with the home theatre.
Will it return?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2003, 09:23:30 am »

MC 9.0.143 still crashes sometimes when using slide show.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2003, 10:47:57 am »

Hi,

Think I found a real showstopper in Visualization studio :
MediaCore crash when trying to create a new visualization. Here's the procedure I was able to reproduce on two different hardware setups :

1/ Play a song then RMC/Visualization Studio
2/ File / New
3/ Insert an element to create a new vis, I tried with text and blob scope
4/ File / Save (the new vis is saved as 'New Visualization.mjv'
5/ File / Exit
6/ Stop and play a song --> Media Core crash

Now if you try to reload MC and play again --> crash again
You can reboot, install a new version of MC over the current one and it will crash again upon playing.
The only cure is to go to Prog Files/J River/Media Center/Visualizations/Vis Studio and delete the file new visualization.mjv.

Also in vis studio, the Editor of the text element does not savec any change when the save button is pressed.

A last thing for vis studio, MC9 does not allow display of custom tags (especially composer). Note that this is not a bug but a step back from MJ8.

Christian

My details :
Media Center Registered 9.0.143 -- C:\Program Files\J River\MediaCenter\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1200 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 620 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive X:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav

Burning /  Drive Y: SONY     CD-RW  CRX195E4    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2003, 11:06:10 am »

Still have a problem with a large comments.

If I start with the following:
a. "ID3V1 Comment": Empty
b. "ID3V2 Comm (Comments)": Too large to display

Then, I edit and save any file property

Now, I have the following
a. "ID3V1 Comment": The first 28 characters of whatever was previously in "ID3V2 Comm (Comments)" (I believe this is a limitation of the tag spec.
b. "ID3V2 Comm (Comments)": Too large to display

Then, I edit and save any file property.

Now, I have the following
a. "ID3V1 Comment": The first 28 characters of whatever was previously in "ID3V2 Comm (Comments)"
b. "ID3V2 Comm (Comments)": The first 28 characters of whatever was previously in "ID3V2 Comm (Comments)"

So, if I do multiple edits on a file, the contents of the comments field are lost.

This prevents me from using MC to edit any files because all of my MP3 files contain an album review in the comment field. (And I'm so eager to use your list data type.)

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2003, 11:07:15 am »

forget to post this...

Intel Pentium III 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 267 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2003, 11:26:08 am »

I've been reporting this for a while, so perhaps you can tell me where you stand. Is it something (a) you plan to address, (b) don't see as a problem, or (c) other.

Testing File Properties Editing

1. Import a file into MC.

MPEG-1 Layer 3
192 Kbit CBR
44.1 Khz Stereo

Copyrighted: No
Original: Yes
Protected by CRC: No

ID3v1 Tag: (128 bytes)
  Name: Part 1 - Acknowledgement
  Artist: John Coltrane
  Album: Love Supreme
  Year: 1964
  Comment:
  Track #: 1
  Genre: Jazz

ID3v2 Tag: (11827 bytes)
 COMM (Tool Name): Media Center
 COMM (Tool Version): 9.0.143
 COMM (Keywords): test keywords
 COMM (TestListType): Post-Bop; Hard Bop; Free Jazz; Avant-Garde Jazz
  APIC: <unknown data type>
 TPE1 (Lead performer(s)/Solo..): John Coltrane
 TPE2 (Band/orchestra/accompa..): Coltrane Orchestra
 TPE3 (Conductor/performer re..): Coltrane Conductor
 TIT2 (Title/songname/content..): Part 1 - Acknowledgement
 TALB (Album/Movie/Show title): Love Supreme
 TRCK (Track number/Position ..): 01
 TYER (Year): 1964
 TCOM (Composer): Coltrane
 TPUB (Publisher): Test Publisher
 TCON (Content type): Jazz
 COMM (Comments): <too large to display>

Problem #1: Artist field in the database is populated with 'Coltrane Orchestra' (TPE2). It should be populated with 'John Coltrane' (TPE1)

2. I edit the properties and change the 'Keywords' field from 'test Keywords' to 'new keywords'.  MC writes the tag.  Now the format looks like the following:

MPEG-1 Layer 3
192 Kbit CBR
44.1 Khz Stereo

Copyrighted: No
Original: Yes
Protected by CRC: No

ID3v1 Tag: (128 bytes)
  Name: Part 1 - Acknowledgement
  Artist: Coltrane Orchestra
  Album: Love Supreme
  Year: 1964
  Comment: Easily one of the most impor
  Track #: 1
  Genre: Jazz

ID3v2 Tag: (11827 bytes)
  APIC: <unknown data type>
 TPE3 (Conductor/performer re..): Coltrane Conductor
 TPUB (Publisher): Test Publisher
 TCOM (Composer): Coltrane
 TPE1 (Lead performer(s)/Solo..): Coltrane Orchestra
 TRCK (Track number/Position ..): 1
 TALB (Album/Movie/Show title): Love Supreme
 TIT2 (Title/songname/content..): Part 1 - Acknowledgement
 TCON (Content type): Jazz
 TYER (Year): 1964
 COMM (Comments): <too large to display>
 COMM (Tool Name): Media Center
 COMM (Tool Version): 9.0.143
 COMM (Keywords): new keywords
 COMM (TestListType): Post-Bop; Hard Bop; Free Jazz; Avant-Garde Jazz

Notice the changes and lost tags?

Problem #2: TPE1 changed from 'John Coltrane' to 'Coltrane Orchestra'.  (This reflects the improper import listed in problem #1)

Problem #3: Data in TPE2 is lost

Intel Pentium III 993 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 277 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2003, 03:04:13 pm »

Can the Analyze Audio ... and Convert Format... be put back into the Send To Menu as it used to be in MJ 8.
It doesn't make sense to have it under Library Tools. Otherwise I wonder why the Media Editor is under Sent to.
Normally you select files that are not analyzed yet, and then you want to send them to the Analyze Audio tool ...

Thanks
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

MachineHead

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2003, 03:09:08 pm »

Showstopper for me...

Id3v1 and Id3v2 tags are not being remembered by MC. I ripped a few cds earlier today and MC will not save the tags it created. Clear library and re-import does nothing but import tag deficient files. Note: these files were created by MC. Database fields were not discarded during this operation when asked before clearing library.

Cannot rename in the tree for an album that was misspelled. Cannot rename it in file properties either.

Also have duration errors with some of these files as well. Length is displayed properly in player display. But in the list some 4-5 minute songs are displayed with lengths (duration) that vary from 25-43 minutes!

This is the bread and butter operation of MC. These problems need immeadiate attention, in my opinion.

*Sigh* Back to EAC until this is fixed.

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2003, 04:38:57 pm »

Hi.  Please make the default filename for the Backup Library use two digits for months and days so that the backups sort chronologically.

Instead of:

MC Library Backup (MyLib - 4-5-2003).zip

do this:

MC Library Backup (MyLib - 2003-04-05).zip

Thanks.  Media Center ROCKS!!!!!

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2003, 04:45:19 pm »

GUI problem: When re-ordering the Playing Now list by dragging a song up or down in the list, the horizontal line that shows where the song will go when you release the mouse button is no longer displayed!  This was an important visual cue, so I hope you can bring it back.

Thanks!

akak718

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2003, 09:05:35 pm »

I reported this one a while back and would REALLY like to see it fixed before the final release.

If I am playing a .RM video, and I update a field for another .RM file, the following bad things happen:
1. The current file stops playing.
2. The "Updating database... (0 of 1)" dialog comes up and stays forever.
3. No new file can be played.
4. Basically nothing works until I kill Media Center via Taks Manager and restart the app.

-Lou

michel

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2003, 03:37:46 am »

Time Out trying to connect to Media Server with a large library

I can connect without problem to a small library (so it is not a network problem) but I cannot connect anymore to my normal library which is 41MB large now.

There is the same problem if I try to connect locally (the client on the same computer as the server).

I don't know if the problem comes from MC b143 or from the fact my library size increased a lot since last connection.

Both server and client are using MC b143.

Update I can connect after to reduce the library size (37 MB instead of 41MB now) so it is related to the size of the library.

Media Server log:
request for library
tcp_write failed error=10054
sharing thread exiting

LisaRCT

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2003, 08:02:03 am »

Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard does not see MC9 as a Media Player choice.

TV viewing . . .  any way to add keyboard channel selection, this way you can just type in the channel number or push an up or down arrow key?

MC9 does not see my ATi X10 RF remote control.

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2003, 09:34:33 am »

Media Center 9.0.143 is available. Bla bla bla...6. NEW: Media Server now supports TiVo Home Media Option ( http://www.tivo.com/4.9.asp )

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I was wondering if I'd have to add another POS interface program - now I can stick with MJ exclusively.  Did I remember to thank you?

M
THAT's what I'm talking about.

RemyJ

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2003, 10:18:42 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/04/05  Priority: High
    You get prompted for CD creation type for every track you add to a CD until you visit CD, DVD, & Handhelds.  Whatever the last type you selected is the one that sticks.

The confirmation box that pops up on a Find and Replace on filename if the destination file already exists needs more options.  'Accept, Accept All, Ignore, Ignore All and Cancel'

The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2003, 11:32:24 am »

I've been getting some problems with playback on discs with a bunch of short, 5 second or so blank tracks before a hidden track on a disc.

When playing, it gives an "error in playback" after successfully playing 2 or 3 of these tracks.  I think it must be due to the fact that it starts loading the next track when it is about 5 seconds from the end of a song.

It will give me errors when playing directly off a CD or if I am playing off of ripped mp3s, which ripped fine, btw.

Dan "da Man"

smackbadger

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2003, 12:21:20 pm »

I haven't seen this posted anywhere...

You should really rename the executable to Media Center.exe instead of Media Jukebox.exe like it still is...

-smackbadger
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up