INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help diagnosing playback issues with Scarlett 2i2 [Solved]  (Read 464 times)

simonmason

• World Citizen
Help diagnosing playback issues with Scarlett 2i2 [Solved]
« on: April 12, 2021, 11:34:33 am »

I am using a Scarlett 2i2 - I quite like the sound.  Occasionally I get the generic "Something went wrong with playback".  Also, today I got a more specific error - "Playback could not be started on the output "WASAPI" using the format '48 kHz 2ch'.

Every time this happens - I can clear the message and hit play and it plays fine.

According the documentation the Scarlett should not go to sleep as long as it is getting power from the USB connection, which I believe it is in while the PC is running or not in sleep mode.

I have read other posts on the Scarlett but they all seem to be for unrelated issues, quality of playback, access to the Scarlett by other apps, etc.

Here are my options:

Exclusive access off - I tried both on and off and it doesn't appear to make a difference.
disable event style - off
maximize volume - off
play a little silence - off
bit depth - automatic
buffering - 100 ms
I think these are all defaults?

Any pointers on what I can do here?  Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Help diagnosing playback issues with Scarlett 2i2
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 11:48:47 am »

I have a Scarlett and use ASIO.  Is that an option for the 2i2?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

simonmason

• World Citizen
Re: Help diagnosing playback issues with Scarlett 2i2
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 12:41:31 pm »

I didn't have the ASIO Driver installed, didn't even know it existed for this unit.  So I went to the Focusrite site and downloaded the drivers etc.  I have installed and I am now running.  Will post back if I have any further problems.  Thanks for the pointer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up