INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC26 Buffering Delay  (Read 1255 times)

R.C.

MC26 Buffering Delay
« on: April 20, 2021, 06:03:48 pm »

Hello !
I'm running MC26 on a small computer  Samsung NC10  running Windows 8.1 x32_x86  updated, 2Go Memory
The computer reads Flac files 44.1k 16b  from usb external hard-disk 2To

This is a basic system, MC running on Windows 8.1 computer is getting files from HDD , and sending to USB dac interface
I have been running this simplistic plateform for many years,  DXIO Pro3z as USB/spdif converter to Twisted Pear ESS9018 Dac

I've just bought a SMSL SU-9 Dac, and tried to connect with USB interface, so I had to install specific  driver V5.00 (from SMSL website)

From MC 26 panel, I can "see" the driver  parms : 44.1khz 32 bits, buffer size 512 default selection

The issue I have :
When I try to play music, JRiver locks during 30-40 seconds before beginning to play, , "Buffering " at the on top Main panel
This lock appears each time I start a listening sequence , even only 1 file, a full playlist, or full album
After 30-40s , the sound is comming, very good,  no quality alteration

Usually , with USB/ Spdif converter , when music is starting,  a brief "buffering " appears on JRiver top screen , may be 1/4 second

I've tried to explain the issue the best I can, with my limited vocabulary .
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC26 Buffering Delay
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 06:25:23 pm »

Take a look at the Weird Problems thread in my signature for similar problems.

It's possible that the 32 bit version of MC might work better with the driver.  It's worth a try.

R.C.

Re: MC26 Buffering Delay
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 06:26:38 pm »

I'm sorry, I'm not sure to  understand your answer...
What do you mean by "It's possible that the 32 bit version of MC might work better"
I run Windows 8.1, in 32bits mode (as explained above) , so I have installed JRiver MC26 32bits
I tried Windows Media Player, with same output driver, works perfectly, no parameter to add or modify
No message "Opening", "buffering"
Something "bizarre" ...
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up