INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hallelujah!  (Read 1363 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Hallelujah!
« on: April 20, 2021, 06:09:00 pm »

We, in Minneapolis, can draw a collective sigh of relief today.  Derek Chauvin, former Minneapolis police officer, has been found guilty of the murder of George Floyd.

Let's hope that George Floyd's death will be the catalyst that brings some of the change that is so urgently needed.  Justice for all.  A government of the people.

We have a growing underclass in this country.  People of all races who face a daily grind that has been nearly impossible.  More than a few have slipped into homelessness, fueled by drugs and alcohol.  Those who have managed to succeed cannot ignore the needs of so many. 

A counterfeit $20 bill led to this horrible murder.  Tragedy can be averted, but we must all act, and not wait for our government.

Writing this, I think of another man of color, Daunte Wright, who was shot and killed by a police officer last week in Brooklyn Center, near Minneapolis.  He was stopped for a traffic violation.  A traffic violation!

Mistakes are made by everyone.  We must now find the love in our hearts for those who need it.

Find someone to help and be there when they need you.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Hallelujah!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 06:46:24 pm »

Hallelujah :)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Hallelujah!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 07:30:36 pm »

Agreed. And thanks for the comment, Jim. Very well said.

It wasn't really justice. But it was, at least, a bit of accountability. And that is, I'm certain, a large portion of the problem. Power corrupts, and without accountability, all there is left is corruption.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up