INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trees are Hard  (Read 1359 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Trees are Hard
« on: April 22, 2021, 06:31:36 pm »

There's a saying among sailors that, if you haven't been aground, you're not a sailor yet.

I bought a drone a few weeks ago.  It's a DJI Mavic Mini 2 and it has, uh, a learning curve.  After a couple of weeks of careful flights, I thought I was starting to get the hang of it and took off into the woods with a little more speed.  Splat!  I hit a small tree and the drone fluttered to the ground.

It broke off one of its four rotor arms.  I couldn't even find the missing pieces.

No problem, I'll order a part and fix it.

Ordering was easy.  $28 wasn't terrible.  Plus a $16 soldering kit.

The arm came today and I attacked the project with a lot of confidence.  I've soldered before.   I didn't count on having to disassemble so much of  the drone and on all the ridiculously tiny screws.  I had to get my best glasses to even see them.

Three hours later, it's back together.  I took it for a little test flight and that worked, so I put the shell back on it and took it for a longer one.  Miraculously, it came back in one piece.  It has a few scars to show from the first accident, and my ego is a little bruised, but it flies!

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
Re: Trees are Hard
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 07:15:14 pm »

Three bats had to get as much blood as they could in a certain amount of time.

When the time is up, the judge goes to the first bat. He sees some blood on his legs and asks him where he got it from.
The first bat says, “You see that tree over there? Behind it there’s a mall and that’s where I got my blood from.”

The judge goes to the second bat, which has much more blood on him. He again asks where the blood came from.
The second bat says, “You see that tree over there? As you know, there’s a mall behind it, but behind the mall there’s a huge park! That’s where I got my blood from.”

The judge goes to the third bat, which is practically soaking in blood – toes to teeth. He asks him where he got it from.
The third bat says, “You see that tree over there?”
The judge nods, yes.
“Well, I didn’t.”

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 10:14:13 pm »

Haha.  Neither did I.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 10:38:11 pm »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 06:13:06 am »

What could go wrong with that?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 06:19:41 am »

We got a drone.  My daughter flew it into a tree!  Took our long tree cutter and luckily got it down.  Then the USB charging cable snapped so it's only had the maiden tree flight!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Wheaten

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 06:57:58 am »

I've got a USB charging cable   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up