INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback could not be started on output "WASAPI" using the format 48 kHZ 2ch  (Read 1184 times)

Kreylix

Out of the blue, Media Center 27 is giving me this error. I updated and still happens. (I'm surprised I had to manually update - always auto-updates in the past.)

How do I fix this, please?

Soundwave

• Recent member

Maybe you have ASIO drivers installed from you DAC manufacturer? We need more details. I know RME for example, if you have USB as your input, if you have the ASIO driver, WASAPI can't take control of the samplerate that the ASIO driver has set (so if your ASIO driver is set to 44.1kHz, 48kHz can't be engaged unless the ASIO driver is changed to that setting).

On SPDIF, it's fine since ASIO drivers don't exist for such, so WASAPI would function as expected.

But without knowing more details about your setup, we just don't know.

Kreylix

I've been using a Hegel H80 (USB input) since Nov 2018.

SPDIF Interface (TE7022 Audio w/ SPDIF)

This is set to 2-channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

Driver Version 10.0.18362.1474   (Microsoft 3/21/2021)

Is there any other information you need?

Soundwave

• Recent member

I'm not understanding. If you're using USB input, SPDIF should play no part in this. You need to set in JRiver, the USB as the source connection, and not SPDIF.

Kreylix

In DEVICES, my PC is using DigiHug USB Audio.

To be clear, I have no problems with audio on this PC for iTunes, Spotify, Twitch, or any websites. Just MC.

In MC27, just now I went to Options, Audio. I noticed audio was set to RealTek (which is not correct). I changed it back to SPDIF Interface (TE7022 Audio w/ SPDIF) setting, and all worka fine now. Whew!

Pages: [1]   Go Up