INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist Order in Theater View  (Read 411 times)

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
Playlist Order in Theater View
« on: May 05, 2021, 08:31:46 am »

I found some information relative to this question on Interact, but it was as far back as MC version 16, so I thought I'd ask here:

I have made some playlists of movie series (e.g. James Bond movies, Star Wars, Marvel stuff, and a "Bergman Film Festival" from the Criterion set...).  I ordered those differently than mere chronological order. In Tree View, those playlists show my preferred order. In Theater View, some show my preferred order, and some show chronological order instead. I have been unable to find any difference in the playlist properties that could account for their different sequencing in Theater View.

Does anyone know what could cause this, or how to get Theater View to definitely show Playlists in user-specified order? Thanks.

pfm555

• World Citizen
Re: Playlist Order in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 09:25:55 am »

Standard view is where you can create and edit playlist and smartlists. However the playlist is set it up is how it will appear under Playlist in Theater View. Right click on the playlist in standard view and you will see the options. If it is a playlist go to Customize View. If it is a smartlist there will be an edit smartlist.

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 10:26:29 am »

Thanks, pfm555. That is what I would expect, but it is not what happens. Here are three screenshots that show what I mean. One is a Theater View of a "Bond" playlist, in my preferred order. That one works, as it matches the order I set in the Standard View for that playlist. Next is a Standard View screenshot of a playlist called "Bergman Film Festival." I set that order in Standard View as preferred, but as the final screenshot shows, that order does NOT show in Theater View...

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 10:49:53 am »

Thanks to pfm555, I stumbled upon the solution to this issue...
I post it here for reference.
In the Standard View of the playlist, when a Playlist is not Locked, there is a button along the top called "Update Order." That command is also available in the pull-down menu via hovering over the name of the playlist at the top of the screen. Clicking "Update Order" and then re-Locking the Playlist did result in the Theater View order of the Playlist updating to match the Standard View order of that Playlist.

Thanks, pfm555!
Pages: [1]   Go Up