INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync Handheld Woes  (Read 719 times)

holsen1

• Recent member
Sync Handheld Woes
« on: May 12, 2021, 04:42:17 pm »

I'm having a real hard time trying to sync my Android Phone.  Same phone used to work with no issues now every file in the the sync list shows "File Not Supported"
My entire library is ALAC .mp4
I choose settings "Original"
Encoder "Apple Lossless"
And every file shows "Not supported"  yet if I drag an mp4 ALAC file on to the phone my various playback apps have no problem with it.  This is driving me a little crazy.
Any insights, anyone?

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Sync Handheld Woes
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 06:46:22 am »

It means your phone will not support playing ALAC Apple loseless files. Suggest you choose a different setting instead of original like FLAC. That way MC will convert them on the fly and then synch them over. The error is from your phone not MC, but MC is smart enough to poll and check first perhaps? Since both ALAC and FLAC are lossless there is no drop in quality. I have converted my whole library over to FLAC as the only lossless format I use.

Most Android phones will provide native support for MP3, FLAC, WMA, AAC audio, but not MP4.

Apple Lossless is usually stored as M4A file not MP4, as far as I know, so you comment seems puzzling.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 07:02:40 am »

In MC's settings for Handheld sync, you can try adding the format you want.  MC keeps a list.

holsen1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 04:58:11 pm »

In MC's settings for Handheld sync, you can try adding the format you want.  MC keeps a list.
Great.  I'll give that a try.  Thanks!

holsen1

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 05:07:32 pm »

Thanks again, I missed that setting and see it now.   the default setting is *  If it wanted to define .m4a, .flac and .mp3 are these comma separated in there or just list them?  I cant find a user guide for that.

holsen1

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 05:12:33 pm »

I reconnected the phone and simply needed to add ";.m4a" and all is fine.   the separator is ;   
Appreciate the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up