INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver to create sound output device so can be controlled?  (Read 1846 times)

JBHERTZ

• Recent member

Hello,

I am trying to use the up-mixing features of Penteo with JRiver on my Mac.

That works fine, but I would like to be able to "control" JRiver through Roon, similar to how you can with HQplayer. I am a long time Roon user and prefer the interface and music suggestions but really have liked the ability to utilize the center channel through JRiver/Penteo to give the "whole couch" better imaging.

I have found references to this ability in the Windows version of JRiver by turning on the WDM or ASIO option and then JRiver will show up as an audio output device in the OS and can be selected by Roon. Is there a similar option available in the Mac version? Or some type of workaround?

Thanks for the consideration.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver to create sound output device so can be controlled?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 05:27:47 pm »

There's nothing similar to our WDM driver on the Mac version.  The wiki has a topic on WDM if you want to know how it works.

You might read the wiki's Play Doctor topic also if you're interested in suggestions.

JBHERTZ

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 04:47:06 pm »

Thank you for the response, I looked at the Play Doctor wiki, it seems to deal with playlists.

I am simply looking for a way to stream from Roon to JRiver. I wish they would play nice as each software has its own focus and benefits, while not taking something from the other.

Wheaten

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 05:00:27 pm »

I think that if you install roon bridge on the machine running JRiver, you're there.

JBHERTZ

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 10:02:34 pm »

Oh man that would be awesome. To be clear Roon and JRiver are on the Mac. I tried it but it seems to allow seeing the Apple HDMI, but no JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up