INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanent residents in "recently imported" smartlists  (Read 819 times)

terri ball

• Recent member
Permanent residents in "recently imported" smartlists
« on: May 22, 2021, 02:02:17 am »

There are a couple of albums which are stuck in the "recently imported" smartlists, date imported is always today .
Files are not read-only and tags can be written to the file, so I suspect it's something in the JRiver DB.

Any ideas how to fix this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Permanent residents in "recently imported" smartlists
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 06:43:40 am »

Try deleting them and re-importing.

terri ball

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 11:05:48 am »

Yesterday I removed, deleted from DB, moved back and re-imported.
Today the same files are still in the "imported today" smartlist with a date added timestamp from today.
Not entirely sure, but the date added timestamp looks suspiciously close to the actual time of day they were imported yesterday + 1 day.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 04:48:07 am »

I don't have any "Imported Today" smartlist (even after just importing some files). The default ones are "Recently Imported" and "Imported this Month".
Can you check and share the definition of that smartlist?

Also, there's no "Date Added" default field, only "Date Imported"... is that the one you're referring to? If not, then perhaps DateAdded is a custom field, please also share how it is defined.

terri ball

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 05:11:11 am »

It looks like the value for Date Imported gets updated at least daily (for these specific files) somehow. It always shows the current date.

I have the following smartlists. I might have defined these myself.

Audio -- Recently Imported
-- Imported this week  (date imported / is in the last / 7 days)
-- Imported today  (date imported / is in the last / 1 days)
-- Last 100 tracks (sort date imported / limit number to 100)

Same happens in the regular (non smartlist) playlist Recently Imported.

I'm on 27.0.85

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 05:16:43 am »

Do you use any other application to tag the files? If you have auto-import ON, perhaps the files are being automatically reimported because MC detects a change on the file timestamp? You can check the actual file timestamp to see if it's also changing.

terri ball

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 05:43:54 am »

I do use foobar to generate a Foobar specific Date Added, based on the file creation date, but I don't see how that would come into play here. I would expect the problem to show up for all files then.
Same goes for Beatunes.

These files have been imported in Foobar and JRiver quite a while ago. File timestamps (modified and created) are not recent.

terri ball

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 05:49:36 am »

I just noticed that these files have the exact same Date Imported timestamp now as the most recently imported album...

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 06:07:43 am »

If you have auto-import enabled, then changing the file outside of MC will cause MC to reimport the file.

Are any of these custom fields set up as "Relational"?
If so, then when you change the value on one file, it causes all related files to also be updated.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2021, 06:19:43 am »

Terri - I'm not sure if it's the reason why those files keep appearing in the smarlists you are checking when you think they shouldn't but in those smartlists that have an "in the last n days" rule MC is not checking by comparing dates it's checking using no of days * 24 (i.e. time).
Since I haven't imported anything for ages I used the "Audio -- Top Hits -- Listened to today" smartlist and it listed track that were played on the 23rd and 24th (the last 24 hours) and when I changed the rule from 1 days to 2 days it also included tracks that were played on the 22nd (the last 48 hours).
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

terri ball

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2021, 06:49:12 am »

If you have auto-import enabled, then changing the file outside of MC will cause MC to reimport the file.

Are any of these custom fields set up as "Relational"?
If so, then when you change the value on one file, it causes all related files to also be updated.

Auto-import is enabled.
One relational field "Added" (one value for each album). Probably a custom field I created when experimenting. It was empty though, so I deleted it.

I appreciate the effort, but it's only a couple of files, so practical impact is negligable.
Just sayin'.

terri ball

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2021, 06:55:55 am »

Terri - I'm not sure if it's the reason why those files keep appearing in the smarlists you are checking when you think they shouldn't but in those smartlists that have an "in the last n days" rule MC is not checking by comparing dates it's checking using no of days * 24 (i.e. time).
Since I haven't imported anything for ages I used the "Audio -- Top Hits -- Listened to today" smartlist and it listed track that were played on the 23rd and 24th (the last 24 hours) and when I changed the rule from 1 days to 2 days it also included tracks that were played on the 22nd (the last 48 hours).

Thanks for the suggestion. Still trying to wrap my head around this one.
But it's not just the smartlists. Same happens in the regular (non smartlist) playlist "Recently Imported" (that's a default built-in thingy isn't it?). Would that change the reasoning?

terri ball

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2021, 08:36:30 am »

File under UNSOLVED.
Pages: [1]   Go Up