INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: MCWS: Control/AnalyzeAudio  (Read 552 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Feature Request: MCWS: Control/AnalyzeAudio
« on: May 29, 2021, 02:40:21 pm »

It looks like this function showed up in MC 26.0.83:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125391.msg868554.html#msg868554

When I called the function, MC then popped up an error (because the path I sent had a text and jpg file in it).  I had to click OK and the audio analyze function started, but then stayed on the screen until I clicked OK.

Can we get this function to be silent?  Meaning, ignore files that it can't analyze, and not force some amount of user interaction?  I'm following up on this task:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129394.0.html

I need to replicate all the things I have setup in Auto-Import, like analyzing audio.  Thanks!

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: Feature Request: MCWS: Control/AnalyzeAudio
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 02:32:45 pm »

I'm looping back to this because I have most of what I want worked out for my own "auto-import" but the AnalyzeAudio step is still giving me issues.  It seems to only take a treepath, even if you pass it a file.  I can pass it a file and it works just fine, but it takes the parent path and uses that.  This works fine for album level folders, but fails when I don't have a flac in the right folder.  For example, I have a folder titled Y:\Albums.  Inside of that folder are various subfolders, and one lonely flac file.  If I pass this flac like this:

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Control/AnalyzeAudio?treepath=Y:%5Calbums%5Clonelyflacfile.flac

My MC instance works for a while, then loads everything in Y:\Albums into the Analyze Audio window.  I'd like to be able to pass a file to Control/AnalyzeAudio, have it proceed without user intervention, and allow me to add to a queue.  So if I hit a new album, I want to send track1, the track2, then track3, etc.

I can 'fix' the immediate issue by not having a flac in the parent folder like that, but think it would be better if I could simply control what files get analyzed directly.  I went this approach of sending individual files because I can't send it a directly with coverart or log files or I get an error.  But if I send it a file like this, it loads up basically my entire library.  Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 02:56:10 pm »

I'll make the function optionally take a list of keys instead for v28.  Because only working off tree path is pretty limiting.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 03:13:05 pm »

Thanks Matt!  That'll work, then I can just build up my list of files to analyze and pass it once. 

I would also really like to be able to submit it and just have it analyze.  Right now it waits for the user to click something in the app.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 03:44:30 pm »

Thanks Matt!  That'll work, then I can just build up my list of files to analyze and pass it once. 

I would also really like to be able to submit it and just have it analyze.  Right now it waits for the user to click something in the app.

It's trying to just analyze so if it's not we'll fix it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 08:23:24 am »

I found a few problems with the analyze MCWS and I'm fixing them today.  Threading was a problem.  Also adding the new key system.  Thanks for the prompt.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 09:14:17 am »

I found a few problems with the analyze MCWS and I'm fixing them today.  Threading was a problem.  Also adding the new key system.  Thanks for the prompt.

Thanks Matt!  This will really help my ability to rely on an external MCWS import.
Pages: [1]   Go Up