INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio analyzer & audio file metadata not working  (Read 1547 times)

ataddeo

• Recent member
Audio analyzer & audio file metadata not working
« on: June 02, 2021, 11:54:18 pm »

I have two issues that I have to deal with in MC27.0.87 for Mac Catalina OS.  It appears something has happened to Audio Analyzer, it reports all audio files have been analyzed, however they are not.  Some time ago I seem to remember reading about this, I can't remember and I haven't been able to discover the process.  What do I do to fix this? 

Regarding audio file metadata, when I run auto import now, some fields fill in and other do not.  It gets about 5-7 fields correct and usually misses album title, every time, artist sometimes and artwork always.  When does MC read the metadata from the audio files, after I manually enter them in MC?  If I look directly into the audio files with DBPower Amp usually they are totally blank. Sometimes they are filled out completely including album art but this info doesn't make it into MC.

Out of 23,305 audio files following running auto import anywhere from 800-1100 files have missing album name, artist, album art, cut numbers.  I spend hours manually entering the data back then following the next auto import they are blank again, not the same files every time not the same fields every time. I spend more time dealing with these issues than listening.

Thank You for any ideas so I can listen more and edit less.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio analyzer & audio file metadata not working
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 09:31:52 am »

Is there any pattern in the files that can't be tagged or analyzed properly?
All flac or m4a or something like that?
Can you send a short track to bob (at) jriver (dot) com?
Thanks.

ataddeo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 02:05:45 pm »

yes, still an issue, the files are mostly wav with some aif and few FLAC. 

This mixup happens after I run auto import and for months now I can't find a pattern.  I wonder when mc is playing and I run auto import would this have an effect?

I have a wav file that mc is not updating the metadata to send, it's a 192k sample rate thus large, would me converting to 44.1 to send you make a difference to your investigation?

Regarding the analyzing of files, MC reports no files need analyzing however the waveform doesn't appear in the display until I run analyzer.  So I un-check the switch in the analyzer window, "skip analyzed file to run it again.

Thank You for rattling my cage I got swamped with other chores and distractions.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 02:13:25 pm »

I have a wav file that mc is not updating the metadata to send, it's a 192k sample rate thus large, would me converting to 44.1 to send you make a difference to your investigation?
That may not be a WAV file.  Try changing the extension from wav to flac.
Pages: [1]   Go Up