INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote2 won't connect to desktop server  (Read 1474 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
JRemote2 won't connect to desktop server
« on: June 08, 2021, 03:42:56 pm »

My ISP just installed a new router and switch with better coverage throughout my house.  Two laptops and all internet settings work but my tablet JRemote2 gives me a window "Error Connecting to Server."  I have two listening zones but tablet does not show either available as it seems to not be connecting to JRiver MC on my main Desktop (Windows 10).

If I make song selections directly using the JRiver screen on my desktop (and mouse), everything works as normal.

BTW -- in my previous wifi system I had a choice of a regular frequency and another frequency that had a "5-G" next to its number.  I selected which to use.  The new system automatically selects the channel I use -- I have no choice.  It is currently showing the NON-5G channel is in use.

Pls help.  THANK YOU.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote2 wont connect to desktop server
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 03:51:04 pm »

Power cycle your tablet.

Turn Media Network off and back on to get a new Access Key.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote2 won't connect to desktop server
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 07:08:48 am »

It took a while, but both my listening areas (desk top and NUC ID running only as a playback device for the library in main desk top) now recognize MC (both using Jremote2 in an Android tablet) and are playing back properly.  THANKS for that advice.  TWO more questions:
1.  Are my Media Network setting now the best?  I am playing FLAC files, no video, with a smattering of Hi-Res files up to 128.  Here are my settings:
-  Read Only authentication log in
-  UNCHECKed:  Disabled audio Buffer
-  CHECKED Disable video buffer
-  DLNA Servers  Generic  (Should this be Audiophile 24 bit DAC instead?  I am using DACs inside two high quality OPPO devices)
-  Audio:
   MODE:  Original  (I simply want to play back files in as high a quality level as they can)--
-  (Second prompt under Audio is greyed-out)
-  Under ADVANCED -- (All selections currently greyed-out)

2.  Unrelated question: I also have a second tablet with JRemote2 on it.  I would like to use it to control the system occasionally, but it seems to be refusing to accept the same KEY.  I get a small window; 'Unable to authenticate to server."

THANK YOU again.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 07:26:33 am »

The settings are fine.  The JRemote2 problem is probably network or firewall related or you have a typo in the Access Key.  It should work.

stefano_mbp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 11:21:35 am »

Check your Windows pc wifi network type, it must be “private” and not “public”.
When “public” all connections are denied.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 02:51:27 pm »

Gentlemen --

I cannot find a problem with my firewall, as tablet #1 seems to be working 100%.  And no problem with typo's.
Stefano --  Thanks for weighing in.  My main MC is on a W10 desktop hardwired to my router (not wifi).
So --- When you say "Windows PC network type" I am not sure what you mean. the W10 laptop is the only Windows machine involved.  I have one tablet that is working 100%, another new one that I am having trouble connecting.  Are there settings on that second laptop I should be double-checking?

THANKS

Pages: [1]   Go Up