INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Game mode  (Read 379 times)

EdBrady

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature request: Game mode
« on: June 20, 2021, 01:53:12 pm »

Our family is having a get-together in a few months. We usually play games, like Bingo, Yahtzee, etc. I've often thought it would be nice to play a music-oriented game. I've done some searching, but haven't found much.

It occurs to me that MC might be the ideal source for a great music game. Here's how I imagine it working. I'd be running MC, and acting as the emcee. I'd prepare the questions - in the form of musical clips - ahead of time, probably in the form of a playlist. I'd run the new game module in MC, and the contestants would log onto MC via their phone/tablet/computer web browser. They would be presented with a game option, probably in the panel interface, that would interact with the game module in MC.

From here, the contestants could enter their name, and be presented with a button they'd use to answer the questions. In MC, I would see a list of the contestants, and their scores, which the game module would keep.

I'd start the game by asking each question, and playing the clips. When someone thinks they know the answer, they press their button, play stops, and I ask for their answer. I indicate whether or not they are correct, which increments their score or continues play and waits for someone else to answer.

When someone reaches a predetermined score, they win!

So, is there any chance that something like this could actually work? I think it would be a lot of fun. It would also be unique to MC, as I've not seen anything like this.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Feature request: Game mode
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 07:10:48 pm »

Probably not going to happen.  But thanks for the idea.

It would be a fair amount of work and probably only benefit a few people.
Pages: [1]   Go Up