INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Docker Image for MC28  (Read 15391 times)

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
Docker Image for MC28
« on: June 21, 2021, 06:29:42 pm »

Who's going to post first? My server is ready and waiting!
 :P

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Docker Image for MC28
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 01:23:41 pm »

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 04:45:39 pm »

Is upgrading from 27 to 28 the same process as upgrading from 27.x to 27.y?

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 05:28:28 pm »

Is upgrading from 27 to 28 the same process as upgrading from 27.x to 27.y?

You do need to make a library backup and restore from it just as you would on a normal install of MC. Other than that it's the same.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 07:39:52 am »

28 is up and running on my Synology NAS, thank you

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 10:13:08 am »

You do need to make a library backup and restore from it just as you would on a normal install of MC. Other than that it's the same.
For good measure, I created a new container for 28. Everything worked like a charm. Thank you so much
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 3830
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 9468
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 09:57:44 pm »

Here you go https://hub.docker.com/r/shiomax/jrivermc28  :)

Thanks Max, your container has been my go-to for the last few years. Really appreciate it.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 08:03:52 pm »

Hi Max, thanks for standing this up, much appreciated.

I'm having an issue with this image though  in that it is not allowing me to assign a static IP. I've done that in your previous builds (MC26/27)  but this one only seems to want to use DHCP, is there something new in the network setup?

Edit: sorry scratch that...didn't like the Mac Address I was using, used one of your generated ones and all good.

Cheers

yeanay

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 05:26:49 am »

Would Love to give Docker Image for MC28 a whirl, but there simply are NO instructions anywhere. I had no problems setting up a unifi docker on a Synology Nas. But with this docker, Nothing. Just use docker compose.. ? okay where, when , how, host vs bridge? the only choice is bridge.., how do i connect? Somewhere out there, there must be SOMEONE that made up some basic instructions SOMEWHERE. Thanks.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 04:12:58 pm »

Instructions are here https://gitlab.com/shiomax/jrivermc-docker/-/blob/master/README.md
They are generic, not specifically for Synology.  You don't need to use Docker Compose if you are using the Synology docker application.
Do you have any experience of using Docker on Synology?
Basically, you go in to the Registry and search for jrivermc28 to download then Launch it from Images which will take you through creating and configuring the Container.

If you get stuck come back and ask specific questions about the point you are stuck on.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2021, 06:55:13 am »

NO instructions anywhere.

There are instructions on both dockerhub and gitlab. Itīs the same instructions. Just canīt copy paste it here, because the forum does not use markdown like seemingly everything else does.

I had no problems setting up a unifi docker on a Synology Nas.

What instructions did you follow for that? Probably, you can do it very similar. The instructions I wrote are mostly for straight up Linux hosts. So not specific to synology.

Just use docker compose.. ? okay where, when , how, host vs bridge? the only choice is bridge.., how do i connect?

Given that you probably already found those instructions and did not find them very helpful.

I did add a "Accessing the GUI" section. The ports were already listed in the port sections. Effectively port 5800 is for the WEB GUI http://<IP>:5800 or https://<IP>:5800 when using the SECURE_CONNECTION flag. Should work with just about any browser. If you want to access it with a VNC client <IP>:5900 with any VNC client. If you use the SECURE_CONNECTION flag there same thing, however you do require a VNC client with SSL support then (which many do not support at all, so your choice of VNC clients becomes very limited).

Since you were happy with however you installed the unifi controller Iīd recommend you find that guide again and substitute the image name, ports, environment variables and mounts for the ones for this image.

The only extra thing you might need to do for this image is finding out what user your media folders belong to. The default is just 1000, which if you install Linux itīs the first User you end up with. But it may be different on your synology. It might be 1003 or 1004 or something. JRiver inside the container runs as the User thatīs set with the environment variables USER_ID and GROUP_ID. If whatever user has ID 1000 does not have access rights to the folder(s), you cannot access it from JRiver and you need to change those.

Also got a section here in the docu for that
https://gitlab.com/shiomax/jrivermc-docker#permission-problems

You should be able to ssh into your synology and use the same id command to find out the numeric user id. Names donīt help, since the container does not actually have any way of knowing who that User really is on the host.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 07:09:15 am »

Thanks, Max0096.

Yeaney, Docker support is entirely by volunteers here.  Max096 has been very generous with his time.

JRiver doesn't support Docker, so I'm asking on behalf of JRiver that you be more respectful.  Docker isn't for everyone.

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2021, 08:46:30 pm »

FYI I had a permissions error which I've never had with previous versions of the container. I needed to modify the environment variable for GROUP_ID to match the host.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129979.0.html

jokertest

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2021, 11:04:13 pm »

Hi there,
i installed shiomax/jrivermc28 on my qnap TS-251+ latest Firmware via Container Station.
mostly everthing work as it should except Video. JRiver found mounted Music and Video drives add this to the library i also see my files when go to import section but i can not see any movie in jriver. the complete side section Video is empty. No Files, Movie, TV-Show or Home Video. Movies i see only in recent importet, thats it. Music works perfect.

Any idea whats the problem?

Edit: i test shiomax/jrivermc25,26,27,28. MC 25 and 26 worked for Video MC 27 and 28 not work for Video.

:'( same problem i have in desktop docker win10

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2021, 07:44:39 pm »

Hi there,
i installed shiomax/jrivermc28 on my qnap TS-251+ latest Firmware via Container Station.
mostly everthing work as it should except Video. JRiver found mounted Music and Video drives add this to the library i also see my files when go to import section but i can not see any movie in jriver. the complete side section Video is empty. No Files, Movie, TV-Show or Home Video. Movies i see only in recent importet, thats it. Music works perfect.

Any idea whats the problem?

Edit: i test shiomax/jrivermc25,26,27,28. MC 25 and 26 worked for Video MC 27 and 28 not work for Video.

:'( same problem i have in desktop docker win10

This had come up before, but I kinda forgot about it. I think I got it working now through basically installing all of ffmpeg. Relatively big but better too much than too little I guess. Not sure what exactly it was missing, the log just said missing ffmpeg and I couldnīt figure out how to narrow it down. Donīt believe it needs even remotely close to everything.

Though, unfortunately for the first time that I can remember dockerhub is currently dead so Im unable to push the image to the registry.

Pretty sure it will come back up shortly. It does still let you push images, but they disappear into the void. Curious how many automated systems are currently repeatedly trying to push images to dockerhub (circumstancial ddos?  ^^).

You can test build it locally if you want
Code: [Select]
git clone https://gitlab.com/shiomax/jrivermc-docker
cd jrivermc-docker
git checkout dev
./build.sh 28-latest-debian-10-amd64

Then you will have an image locally tagged shiomax/jrivermc28-testing:28-latest-debian-10-amd64 that you can use for now.

Outlaw Audio

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dogs......because people suck
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 07:46:58 pm »

I gave Docker a try.  Setting it up on my Western Digital PR4100 took awhile since WD upgraded their firmware and completely broke the, then current installer.  Located the files for WD OS5 and installed it, got portainer to run, downloaded the latest version of MC25 (which is the version Im using) and everything set up great......until......it came time to load the actual media files, which are located on two separate NAS drives.  I was able to locate the local mount for the NAS that Docker was running on but unable to set up the mount point for the remote NAS that the other half of the library is located on.  Therefore, I was not able to load the complete media library onto MC25.  Anyone have any good material I can use as a guide to set up the remote NAS?  I'm curious to see what kind of performance Docker can provide

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 07:57:32 pm »

I gave Docker a try.  Setting it up on my Western Digital PR4100 took awhile since WD upgraded their firmware and completely broke the, then current installer.  Located the files for WD OS5 and installed it, got portainer to run, downloaded the latest version of MC25 (which is the version Im using) and everything set up great......until......it came time to load the actual media files, which are located on two separate NAS drives.  I was able to locate the local mount for the NAS that Docker was running on but unable to set up the mount point for the remote NAS that the other half of the library is located on.  Therefore, I was not able to load the complete media library onto MC25.  Anyone have any good material I can use as a guide to set up the remote NAS?  I'm curious to see what kind of performance Docker can provide

So you have docker setup on your Western Digital PR4100 (NAS) and it needs access to yet another NAS? Just making sure I got this right.

Does the other NAS have an SMB share? Or something else?

https://community.wd.com/t/mount-smb-share-on-pr4100/237512

This seems to suggest to me that you just do it with the normal linux mount utilities or put it into your fstab.

Normally to setup a smb mount permanently Iīd put the following into /etc/fstab
//<nas_ip>/<share> /mnt/<mount_name> cifs credentials=/<path>/<to>/.smbcredentials,uid=1000,gid=1000,defaults,users,iocharset=utf8,nofail 0 0

The file /<path>/<to>/.smbcredentials would contain
<username>
<password>

Then it will get mounted to /mnt/<mount_name> on boot or upon running "mount -a".

uid and gid you might want to adjust if yours are different.

I'm curious to see what kind of performance Docker can provide

Generally should be almost equivalent to bare metal. Except when you want to use GPU accelleration to decode videos it will fall short by a lot without proper setup. You can setup GPUs with docker, but Iīve never really done that yet.

jokertest

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 11:57:21 pm »

This had come up before, but I kinda forgot about it. I think I got it working now through basically installing all of ffmpeg. Relatively big but better too much than too little I guess. Not sure what exactly it was missing, the log just said missing ffmpeg and I couldnīt figure out how to narrow it down. Donīt believe it needs even remotely close to everything.

Though, unfortunately for the first time that I can remember dockerhub is currently dead so Im unable to push the image to the registry.

Pretty sure it will come back up shortly. It does still let you push images, but they disappear into the void. Curious how many automated systems are currently repeatedly trying to push images to dockerhub (circumstancial ddos?  ^^).

You can test build it locally if you want
git clone https://gitlab.com/shiomax/jrivermc-docker
cd jrivermc-docker
git checkout dev
./build.sh 28-latest-debian-10-amd64

Then you will have an image locally tagged shiomax/jrivermc28-testing:28-latest-debian-10-amd64 that you can use for now.

Hi Max096
thanks for your help.
it doesn't work out. container jriver28-testing start and stop directly using windows docker.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2021, 06:07:26 am »

Hi Max096
thanks for your help.
it doesn't work out. container jriver28-testing start and stop directly using windows docker.

Probably you just donīt have bash on Windows.

Dockerhub is working fine again now. Can you try the latest images shiomax/jrivermc28:latest and check if it works for you now?

Outlaw Audio

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dogs......because people suck
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2021, 02:37:48 pm »

So you have docker setup on your Western Digital PR4100 (NAS) and it needs access to yet another NAS? Just making sure I got this right.

Does the other NAS have an SMB share? Or something else?

https://community.wd.com/t/mount-smb-share-on-pr4100/237512

This seems to suggest to me that you just do it with the normal linux mount utilities or put it into your fstab.

Normally to setup a smb mount permanently Iīd put the following into /etc/fstab
//<nas_ip>/<share> /mnt/<mount_name> cifs credentials=/<path>/<to>/.smbcredentials,uid=1000,gid=1000,defaults,users,iocharset=utf8,nofail 0 0

The file /<path>/<to>/.smbcredentials would contain
<username>
<password>

Then it will get mounted to /mnt/<mount_name> on boot or upon running "mount -a".

uid and gid you might want to adjust if yours are different.
Thanks, Max, both NAS's use SMB shares.  Let me set up some dummy directories on each NAS and experiment more .  Its been three decades since I played with Linux so the neurons are rusty

Generally should be almost equivalent to bare metal. Except when you want to use GPU accelleration to decode videos it will fall short by a lot without proper setup. You can setup GPUs with docker, but Iīve never really done that yet.

Nothing quite so strenuous, the MC Server only points to the files and stores tag information.  No transcoding of video or audio, nor DPS functions are being performed. 

jokertest

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2021, 01:39:37 am »

Probably you just donīt have bash on Windows.

Dockerhub is working fine again now. Can you try the latest images shiomax/jrivermc28:latest and check if it works for you now?

Okay, now the image works for videos too.
I only use qnap as a library server for JRiver.

Thanks Max for all the work and time you put into making JRiver available as a Docker image.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2021, 01:12:17 pm »

I just got a Synology NAS and am considering moving from my Windows server to the Synology.  Is it possible to just restore a library backup to the NAS?  Will it be able to resolve the network paths to my media files which I updated on the Windows server to the Synology's shared directories?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2021, 01:18:15 pm »

I just got a Synology NAS and am considering moving from my Windows server to the Synology.  Is it possible to just restore a library backup to the NAS?  Will it be able to resolve the network paths to my media files which I updated on the Windows server to the Synology's shared directories?
The back up library from Windows will have "\"s in the file paths.  The docker image is Linux and will expect "/".  You should be able to use MC's search and replace tools to fix this.
Also, if you have DVDs and/or BluRays in your library you will only be able to play them from an instance of MC running on Linux as the file paths have to be the same on the client and the server.  This doesn't apply to audio or video files.

HaWi

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2021, 02:57:12 pm »

Yes, it's entirely possible to successfully restore a library from any platform onto another platform. There are several ways in which the paths to the media can be corrected. I use the portable library tool because I restore libraries often on my Linux devices from a Mac library (I use the Mac for library maintenance because it's a lot faster)
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 3830
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 9468
JRemote 3.43

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2021, 03:28:15 pm »

Thanks.  I have it up and running but how do I supply the docker container with user name and password to access the network shares?  Also, what would the paths look like if I want to change them to be to the local (on the Synology) shared directories?  I don't seem to be able to access them when browsing to open a file, for example.  Do I need to set up additional volume mounts?

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2021, 05:03:38 pm »

Thanks.  I have it up and running but how do I supply the docker container with user name and password to access the network shares?  Also, what would the paths look like if I want to change them to be to the local (on the Synology) shared directories?  I don't seem to be able to access them when browsing to open a file, for example.  Do I need to set up additional volume mounts?
This is what I have set up in the Synology Docker app and

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2021, 02:27:07 am »

Hi Max and JRiver team,

Thanks for update to the app!  I just upgraded MC on my QNAP via Container Station/Docker.  I see that the app can now load certain webpages; I'm wondering if there's a way to connect my Last.fm account so that I can start scrobbling again?  Thanks for the consideration!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2021, 05:28:51 am »

I still cannot get permissions to work properly.

I modified my environmental variables to use my main user account.  I created a folder named /Share/JRiver/config and added a volume mount accordingly as below.  The docker container crashes on startup until I specifically added read/write permission for "Owner" to the /Share/JRiver/config?

Likewise, I have an Audio shared folder on the Synology that I can access fine from my Windows PC with the main user credentials.  But MC on the Synology says it is missing even when I replace the \ with / (although I am not certain this is necessary because when I do the find/replace it shows the / replacement already).  I then tried to do a volume mount for a local link as below but it still says it is missing?

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2021, 09:35:24 am »

I created a folder named /Share/JRiver/config and added a volume mount accordingly as below.

You are sure about that? Your picture sais "Share/J RMC/config" (canīt type it without space the forum changes JR MC to just MC on save donīt know why). You might also want to start using absolute paths for these as "Share/MC/config" could be interpreted as relative path starting from the directory the docker command executed from and I have no idea where your docker command executes from the synology gui. Start with / in that path effectively to make sure itīs the folder you intended to mount and not some other. Is "/Share/MC/config" the complete path of that directory or is it something else, like "/somwhere/else/Share/MC/Config"?

There is also no need to create the config directory explicitly before starting the container for the first time. The container should be able to create that for you if it does not exist. But if it does exist with the wrong permissions it could indeed crash on startup.

Can you check the permissions of the folders you mounted with "ls -a" (for all folders you tried to mount), what user you configured with UID and if the output of "ls -a" outputs usernames instead of numbers also the output of "id <insert username>".

how do I supply the docker container with user name and password to access the network shares?

You donīt. If you need to access shares that are not local on your synology, you mount that to your synology (at which point you need username/password). Anything thats mounted on Linux based systems (your synology) looks and acts no different to a local folder.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2021, 11:03:36 am »

There is also no need to create the config directory explicitly before starting the container for the first time. The container should be able to create that for you if it does not exist. But if it does exist with the wrong permissions it could indeed crash on startup.

I started over and had the Synology Docker GUI create the config folder and it started up with no problems.

You donīt. If you need to access shares that are not local on your synology, you mount that to your synology (at which point you need username/password). Anything thats mounted on Linux based systems (your synology) looks and acts no different to a local folder.

So you mount these somewhere in the Synology system settings and don't include them in the volume mounts for the Docker container?  Thanks.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2021, 01:07:26 pm »

I started over and had the Synology Docker GUI create the config folder and it started up with no problems.

So you mount these somewhere in the Synology system settings and don't include them in the volume mounts for the Docker container?  Thanks.

You do include them in the volume mounts, but the local path on your synology. Just as you would with local folders. After you mounted the share to your synology it has a local path.

HaWi

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2021, 10:34:18 am »

I don't think this has to be complicated. I followed Max's instructions and came up with the following .yml file that works without any hitches. Synology Docker does support docker-compose so all you need is put the file in your docker share and run docker-compose from there. I also use Portainer to update my containers which is really easy (literally one click). I also have the equivalent docker run file if you prefer setting it up via CLI. Just let me know.
EDIT: You need to create the folders
/volume1/docker/MC28/config
/volume1/docker/MC28/data/Library
/volume1/music
beforehand. In my case, the /volume1/music folder contains the media files

version: '3'
services:
  jrivermc28:
    image: shiomax/jrivermc28
    restart: always
    container_name: jrivermc28
    network_mode: host
    environment:
      - VNC_PASSWORD=<YOUR_VNC_PW>
      - USER_ID=1026 (this may be different for you)
      - GROUP_ID=101 (this may be different for you)
      - DISPLAY_WIDTH=2560 (this may be different for you)
      - DISPLAY_HEIGHT=1440 (this may be different for you)
      - TZ=America/New_York (this may be different for you)
    volumes:
      - /volume1/docker/MC28/config:/config:rw
      - /volume1/music:/data/music:rw
      - /volume1/docker/MC28/data/Library:/data/Library:rw
JRemote 3.43

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2021, 08:12:00 am »

It was a permissions issue.  I created the shared folders in the Synology GUI and then copied all my media over from Windows with robocopy.  Apparently, my main account did not have permissions on the copied folders even though I used those credentials to access the shares in Windows.  Thanks for the help.

HaWi

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2021, 10:09:25 am »

Interesting, I recently also noticed a change in the permissions to my /music folder. I had to update them for MC to be able to read the media again. No idea how and why that happened.
JRemote 3.43

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2021, 01:34:00 pm »

Hi Max and JRiver team,

Thanks for update to the app!  I just upgraded MC on my QNAP via Container Station/Docker.  I see that the app can now load certain webpages; I'm wondering if there's a way to connect my Last.fm account so that I can start scrobbling again?  Thanks for the consideration!

Hi, just checking in if this could be implemented? TIA

HaWi

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2021, 07:39:21 pm »

I tried updating the MC 28 docker image to v28.0.78 by pulling the latest but got 28.0.73 (28.0.78 is listed on the repository)
Does this mean that the 28.0.78 image has been pulled for some reason?
many thanks
Hans
JRemote 3.43

HaWi

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2021, 07:00:38 pm »

So I managed to pull and install the v28.0.78 image but is was very sluggish so I reverted to the "latest" which is 28.0.73
JRemote 3.43

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2021, 07:04:39 am »

Subscribed

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2021, 07:41:33 am »

I tried updating the MC 28 docker image to v28.0.78 by pulling the latest but got 28.0.73 (28.0.78 is listed on the repository)
Does this mean that the 28.0.78 image has been pulled for some reason?
many thanks
Hans

No I did not really do anything. The script builds the "latest" image (from the repository) and then starts it and determines itīs version from MCWS. It pushes the built image to latest always and if the version does not yet exists it also pushes to a tag with the version it determined. I donīt really have any clue when new JRiver versions release it just runs on timer.

At the end of this it also tries to find versions that donīt exist yet by trying to put in a bunch of numbers into the files.jriver.com download link for .deb files and see if that exists. This is mostly intended to rebuild older jriver versions when I update the image version and not just build the new one. But if JRiver does not immidiately put the file into the repository as well or pulls it from the repository because of some bug and then it runs it is possible for this script to pick up a version more recent than in the repository.

When you look here: https://hub.docker.com/layers/shiomax/jrivermc28/28.0.78-latest-14/images/sha256-866fd2ae5bc694fe0a85c5583645bae260366029d6968b70eb62feb9806e504e?context=explore

You can see all at the very bottom it sais that this one is using deb_url=some link to files.jriver.com. If this was using the repository it would say repository there.

HaWi

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2021, 03:54:04 pm »

Thanks Max, it's not a problem. Just wanted to mention it.
JRemote 3.43

wiesieks

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2021, 09:50:20 am »

Hello, I am such a new user of MC and Linux also that I know almost nothing, I have problem with MC28 docker version (host network), I installed it on openmediavault 5.6.13. Most of them work, but for example in the audio options settings - nothing is shown only by NUL, but as a DLNA server it plays music to my devices (Pioneer VSX-S520D, LG-TV, samsung galaxy phone .....). However, a few songs do not want to play on the Pioneer VSX-S520D, I get a message on Pioneer - "Can't play", when I play the same file on the Samsung A52s 5G phone it's a game without any problems, what did I set up wrong? I can set it because the audio devices print NUL, and if I want to set something in the DSP, I write that DSP is available only for the local zone. What should I do with it, the file is e.g. DSD 64 - 5.1 Surrond.

of course I send music over ethernet

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2021, 10:25:34 pm »

Hello, I am such a new user of MC and Linux also that I know almost nothing, I have problem with MC28 docker version (host network), I installed it on openmediavault 5.6.13. Most of them work, but for example in the audio options settings - nothing is shown only by NUL, but as a DLNA server it plays music to my devices (Pioneer VSX-S520D, LG-TV, samsung galaxy phone .....). However, a few songs do not want to play on the Pioneer VSX-S520D, I get a message on Pioneer - "Can't play", when I play the same file on the Samsung A52s 5G phone it's a game without any problems, what did I set up wrong? I can set it because the audio devices print NUL, and if I want to set something in the DSP, I write that DSP is available only for the local zone. What should I do with it, the file is e.g. DSD 64 - 5.1 Surrond.

of course I send music over ethernet

When you create a docker container normally you do not have access to any audio device inside the container. There is a section in the readme for how to make ALSA work within the container. When you want to play audio directly from within the container you need to do that. As in if you are connecting boxes to your openmediavault directly. If you are not doing that the 'null' sound device is not really a problem as none will be needed.

Doing this will not make any difference for your streaming problems with DLNA for some files. What it can and cannot play entierly depends on the device that plays the files. If possible use media network on another instance of jriver to play your files. Otherwise, youīll have to play around with DLNA conversion settings some more to find something suitable for all of your devices.

wiesieks

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2021, 05:07:05 pm »

thank you max096, that's what I tried and it came out !, I set the DSP to 1 xDSD in native format and plays directly to the Pioneer VSX - S520D  ;D :D, but it does not show the visualization, e.g. spectrum analyzer, is there anything else you can do to show the visualizations? :'(

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2021, 05:46:57 am »

OK so I am new to all this Docker stuff and have a new Synology DS220+. I have installed Docker  and have the latest shiomaxJriver27 installed and up and running. I have mounted my music data and config folder. I now am trying to access the image using webgui, but get the following message that I can not connect to the 192.168.1.247:5800.

I know I am missing something, but what?

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2021, 06:35:09 am »

OK so I am new to all this Docker stuff and have a new Synology DS220+. I have installed Docker  and have the latest shiomaxJriver27 installed and up and running. I have mounted my music data and config folder. I now am trying to access the image using webgui, but get the following message that I can not connect to the 192.168.1.247:5800.

I know I am missing something, but what?
Have you checked the Synology firewall settings?
Have you looked at the logs in Docker to make sure it is running OK?
Have you installed a VNC client on the pc that you are trying to access it from to see if that works?

HaWi

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2021, 08:38:20 am »

Have you installed a VNC client on the pc that you are trying to access it from to see if that works?
I'd also recommend giving the NAS a reserved IP on your router (so it doesn't change when DHCP leases update). If you want to access from outside your LAN, you also need to forward the port on your router.
JRemote 3.43

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2021, 11:20:17 am »

No
No
Not yet .... but this gets me going in the right direction. Thanks

HaWi

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2021, 02:02:32 pm »

The MC 28.0.84 image is now available (https://hub.docker.com/r/shiomax/jrivermc28/tags).
Thanks Max
JRemote 3.43

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2021, 02:50:38 pm »

The MC 28.0.84 image is now available (https://hub.docker.com/r/shiomax/jrivermc28/tags).
Thanks Max

Thanks Max, successfully upgraded.
For other Synology users who need reminding how to upgrade.

In the Docker App
1) Container tab. Stop the JRiver container
2) Registry tab.  Download the latest image.  Search for Shiomax then select jrivermc28
3) Wait for a notification that the download is complete
4) Container tab.  Reset the container.
5) Container tab.  Start the container.

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2021, 10:12:45 am »

Thanks Max, successfully upgraded.
For other Synology users who need reminding how to upgrade.

In the Docker App
1) Container tab. Stop the JRiver container
2) Registry tab.  Download the latest image.  Search for Shiomax then select jrivermc28
3) Wait for a notification that the download is complete
4) Container tab.  Reset the container.
5) Container tab.  Start the container.

Thanks Richard, I will be updating this once I get my server files returned and MC27 back up and running as it was.

I am sure to have more questions as I plod along trying to get Shiomax up and running on my new Synology NAS.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up