INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange noise with playback after transfer to SSD handheld  (Read 1664 times)

Michael 70

Strange noise with playback after transfer to SSD handheld
« on: June 28, 2021, 08:22:46 pm »

Greetings everyone.  First post here - not a first time user. I have used multiple versions of MC over the years.  I have always loved the 'transfer to handheld' feature.  My normal process - create playlist, edit options for flac and mp3 only, and begin transfer.  I typically connect this drive to a car stereo that supports the file formats.  Until recently this has been working flawlessly. I purchased a new SSD and a new PC. Here is the issue - playback on the car stereo has occasional 'glitches'.  These glitches are lower volume than the song playing and sound like a needle being dragged across an album.  They are very short duration.  Maybe 1/2 second long.  I have used the same settings as my original ssd and the new one.  Including today - I have tried 3 different SSD's and they all have the 'glitch' while playing back on the car stereo.  Could it be the transfer speed from the PC to the SSD?  The older slower SSD does not have this issue. Is there a way to slow down a USB transfer in MC?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Strange noise with playback after transfer to SSD handheld
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 08:56:10 pm »

It's not likely to be a transfer problem.   What file type?  Bitrate and sample rate?  Try something lower.

Michael 70

Re: Strange noise with playback after transfer to SSD handheld
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 03:33:17 pm »

It is strange that the glitch only happens with new usb drives.  I tried an old WD portable HDD.  Everything works fine.  Maybe it is the car stereo itself.  I need to investigate more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up