INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small feature request  (Read 3035 times)

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
Small feature request
« on: July 07, 2021, 02:59:36 am »

I'm wondering if we could have some kind of indication within the Theater View TV Recordings lists which informs the user the actual show is still been recorded.
To be more precise, once a recording is started it will show up into the TV Recordings list, but no further indication if the program is finished recording or still going on.
Maybe the same type of red ball like we've got today into the EPG and OSD would be a nice addition.

Second suggestion, could we have an icon/indication into Windows' task bar when a TV program is been recorded.
Maybe a smaller red ball besides the MediaCenter logo ? Or even inside the JRiver log; instead of the blue play icon ?
To stretch the idea even further, a number which stands for the number of actual recordings been made, for those with multi-tuners.
To be more precise sometimes you playing around the desktop and/or need to close open programs and such an indication will inform you instantly what MC Server is doing.
I know a popup will be showed if you try to close MC, which is good when into Theater View.

Thanks to all !

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Small feature request
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 07:15:00 am »

If you run Media Server at Windows startup, you can close the MC interface without affecting recording.

You can watch a program that is recording from the beginning and MC will work as expected.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 10:30:08 am »

I'm wondering if we could have some kind of indication within the Theater View TV Recordings lists which informs the user the actual show is still been recorded.
To be more precise, once a recording is started it will show up into the TV Recordings list, but no further indication if the program is finished recording or still going on.
Maybe the same type of red ball like we've got today into the EPG and OSD would be a nice addition.

When you look at a show that is still being recorded, the Keywords will include "Recording on: COMPUTERNAME".  It is probably a good idea to put an icon next to the show name though.

Second suggestion, could we have an icon/indication into Windows' task bar when a TV program is been recorded.
Maybe a smaller red ball besides the MediaCenter logo ? Or even inside the JRiver log; instead of the blue play icon ?
To stretch the idea even further, a number which stands for the number of actual recordings been made, for those with multi-tuners.
To be more precise sometimes you playing around the desktop and/or need to close open programs and such an indication will inform you instantly what MC Server is doing.
I know a popup will be showed if you try to close MC, which is good when into Theater View.

This has been suggested previously.  It is on my list, but I have not been able to get to it yet.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 11:07:19 am »

Thanks for your reaction and feedback,
Appreciated !

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 08:34:27 am »

Greatday dear Yaobing,

May i bump this request ?
In case positive here's the request in a nutshell:

-Within Theater View: adding a REC sign, like the guide does, at those TV Recordings (video file) - within the TV Recordings overview - which are still under recording.
-Windows Taskbar: If we could also add/or manipulate the MC Server icon with a REC sign in case the server is doing TV Recordings - would be really nice in those cases when MC is minimalised.

Thanks again dear Yaobing,

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 03:55:30 am »

NEW: In Theater View, videos that are still being recorded in TV engine will have a red dot in front of their names.

Thanks again Yaobing !

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 01:51:43 pm »

Dear Yaobing,

About this feature, is the red dot been triggered by a certain
Code: [Select]
tvinfo(type) value ?
As in some of my views I'm missing the red dot when the program is still under recording.

I've found the following link; https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Miscellaneous_Functions#TVInfo.28.E2.80.A6.29

Thanks for your feedback !

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 05:15:39 pm »

TVInfo(type) returns various information for different values of 'type'.  'type' needs to be one of those listed in that wiki article you linked.

For example TVInfo(channel) returns the channel name associated with a guide entry.  TVInfo(IsTVChannel) returns "1" if you apply this expression to a TV channel entry.  It returns "0" if you apply it to a guide program entry.

In general, TVInfo() is used on TV guide program entries, and in some cases, to TV channel entries.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 05:19:31 pm »

About this feature, is the red dot been triggered by a certain
Code: [Select]
tvinfo(type) value ?

The newly added feature is triggered by recorded video entries.  So TVInfo(IsGuideProgram) and TVInfo(IsTVChannel) both should return "0".

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 04:34:12 am »

Many thanks for your reply dear Yaobing,

I've got some difficulty on getting the feature added or visible into my Recordings View.
The only way to have the red sign visible is toggle to the list style view, which isn't very usefull.
I've tried to search the templates for an related expression, but wasn't able to find something.

Yaobing would you be able to share the expression or rule to add the red dot in case this show is still within 'the recording state'.

Thanks again !

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2021, 06:32:41 pm »

When MC records a TV show, the recording, which is a TS or JTV file, is added to the database and is visible in all video views.  The video file has a flag set that tells MC that recording is still going on.  So, any view that displays media entries with, [Media Type] = Video should see the red dot in front of the name.  You must, of course, have the name displayed in order to have the red dot displayed.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2021, 06:51:38 pm »

I created a simple view for the purpose of demonstration, called "All Videos".

The attached images show the simple rule, and the result.

Pages: [1]   Go Up