INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't update past 28.0.25  (Read 621 times)

Wilderness

• Recent member
Can't update past 28.0.25
« on: July 25, 2021, 12:49:36 pm »

An automatic update was downloaded today.  When I tried to install it, it says update failed.

My registration is up to date.

I retried the update several times.  Same problem.  I can't update past 28.0.25.

I have an iMac with Big Sur 11.5.  I have my security setting lowered to accept downloads from identified developers.

What should I do?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't update past 28.0.25
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 12:50:39 pm »

Wilderness

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 01:14:31 pm »

Thanks.  That worked.

My usual routine after downloading and installing a JRiver update is to remove the old JRiver icon from my dock and then drag what I thought was the new icon from my Applications folder from my dock to the dock icons.  But each time I tried that JRiver would still be 28.0.25.  Reinstalling resulted in the error message about "update failed."  Dragging the icon from my Applications folder in my dock to the dock icons resulted in 28.0.25 being the latest version again, even after installing from the link you provided.

I tried going to the Finder and opening the Applications folder, and then dragging the latest JRiver, 28.0.45, to my dock.  That worked.  I'll need to remember this new procedure.  I will bookmark this post as a reminder.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 08:07:16 pm »

When you expand the installer .dmg and drag Media Center 28 from there into the Applications folder, be sure to NOT choose Keep Both. If you do choose that at any install you'll get a second copy in your applications folder and the Dock Icon will stay with the old one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up