INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UI issues, flashes before menus and dialogs and mouse-up events being missed  (Read 749 times)

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe

Can we get these prioritized?

Mike Noe already reported the flashing issue in 
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130046.msg902160.html#msg902160

When using dark skins, especially on a slower system, the white flash before every single menu and dialog box shows up and during resizes is really jarring.  Bob, I'm not sure if this is related but there's also a delay when activating a submenu via left-click almost like the left-click is just ignored and the submenu is activating just by the hover.

I'm also seeing more issues (even more in .43) where it seems like a mouse-up is getting missed when dragging the pane resize handle.  I'll drag the handle and leg go of the button but the split keeps following the mouse.  I usually have to fiddle with the mouse buttons a few times to get it to release.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

RemyJ

Just some additional info...

I have an arm64 Ubuntu 18 instance (which MC wouldn't install on) that I upgraded to 20.04.

With the standard Ubuntu/Gnome desktop, the menus and dialogs are animated.  They quickly explode to their full size without any background issues.
With the Ubuntu/Unity desktop, the menus and dialogs are still animated BUT the background does the white flash first.
With XFCE, the menus and dialogs aren't animated at all and the background does the white flash first.

In all 3 cases, recognition of the mouse-up event when you resize panes is delayed so there's a short period where the split bar still follows the mouse after you've released the button.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

bob

• Administrator

Working on this stuff as a background task, it's very slow going.
There's an experimental build for AMD64 that address some of the issues but it's only on that platform for now, awaiting more feedback.

RemyJ

Working on this stuff as a background task, it's very slow going.
There's an experimental build for AMD64 that address some of the issues but it's only on that platform for now, awaiting more feedback.

Hi Bob.  If you're talking about the 43 build, that's the build I'm running.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

bob

• Administrator

Hi Bob.  If you're talking about the 43 build, that's the build I'm running.
If that's the case that may be a dead end. We'll see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up