INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UNSYNCEDLYRICS Tag Getting Added to my audio files  (Read 711 times)

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
UNSYNCEDLYRICS Tag Getting Added to my audio files
« on: September 07, 2021, 05:22:47 pm »

After playback, my audio files have a tag added to them named UNSYNCEDLYRICS, WITH A VALUE OF eng[]?
Ok.  I thought I could turn it off in database settings, but when I look at list of library fields ("show all fields") I don't see the field at all.  I can't stop it from writing to the files.

Anyone know what is causing this ?

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
Re: UNSYNCEDLYRICS Tag Getting Added to my audio files
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 12:17:45 pm »

So I guess I do not understand, nor ever paid attention to tagging for lyrics.

I now also see the LYRICS tag, but still not sure what the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag and when it is generated.

Can someone point me in the right direction or just explain how this works?

Also, is there a way to simply display lyrics and not write these tags to the file?

Thanks
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 02:35:39 am »

UNSYNCEDLYRICS is an IDV3 Tag usually found in MP3 Files try switching of any/all Automatic Lyrics Lookups on playback

Incidentally when you look in the Tag Window for one of the files/tracks that have that tag is it being shown/displayed in the Advanced Section or the Tag Dump Section?
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 08:43:32 am »

I believe that turning off the lyrics option has stopped the generation of these fields.

Incidentally when you look in the Tag Window for one of the files/tracks that have that tag is it being shown/displayed in the Advanced Section or the Tag Dump Section?
JRiver shows Lyrics tag in the advanced section.

But, if I look at the tags in MP3Tag application, and display extended tags, the lyric data shows up in different tag - UNSYNCEDLYRICS.

Now I am confused as to why the tag names don't match between applications.
Edit: MP3Tag has mapping facility.  This all would have made much more sense if I realized from start that these mappings took place.  Learn something every day :)

At least I know how to turn this off, and also I see the tag in JRiver's database, so I can stop it from writing to tags with database option.

Thanks very much.  Info was very helpful.
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h
Pages: [1]   Go Up