INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote2 Volume Control & AVR  (Read 1289 times)

BY96

• Recent member
JRemote2 Volume Control & AVR
« on: August 25, 2021, 12:40:59 pm »

Hello,

I am a novice here and have only been using JRiver since December and need some help. I love using JRemote2 on my Android tablet as my primary remote for watching movies on JRiver. However, if I want to change volume on my AVR, I have to switch to another app, either my Harmony app or the AVR's app.

Is there a way to have the volume control within JRemote2 control the volume on my AVR? I have just got a USB-UUIRT and thought I could figure out a way for it to transmit to the AVR the commands for volume, but so far, I haven't figured out how to actually do it.

Thank you for any help!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote2 Volume Control & AVR
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 08:34:06 am »

This might give you some help with setting up the USB-UUIRT to control the AVR's volume: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Remote_Instructions

You could also try the MO 4Media app (see signature) which allows network control of your AVR.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

BY96

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 12:10:21 pm »

Thank you for your response. If I am reading those directions correctly, aren't they for setting up the MC Remote to control your TV or AVR? I don't have a physical MC Remote. I am hoping to use the volume control within JRemote2 can control my AVR's volume via the USB-UUIRT. I am starting to think it isn't possible...

Thanks again for responding!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 12:29:40 pm »

When you're using JRemote2 or Gizmo to control a computer connected to a receiver, the hardware volume control buttons on the phone or tablet should work.

BY96

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 04:28:00 pm »

Ok... That is good to know. I have been trying to use the volume slider within the JRemote2 app. I have never tried to tablet's physical volume control before.

But... It still doesn't work. Do I need to set up anything in particular in JRiver or the JRemote2 app?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 05:36:54 pm »

Does volume work in JRiver?  Try Internal Volume.  Click on the speaker icon in the upper left corner.

BY96

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 05:29:36 pm »

The volume does not work within JRiver itself. I tried Internal, App, and System.
Pages: [1]   Go Up