INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens if I change the Micro SD card in the DAP using JR for Android?  (Read 1798 times)

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen

I have just purchased a Shanling M6 Pro 2021. Beautifully made, great sound, but with 19th century software, and no use manual available anywhere.

I can play from the folders on the card, as long as I don't want any album art, and just have a clunky monochrome display. (even my non-Android 4 year old M3s displayed the art from folder).

The other choice I have is to update the library every time I change the Micro SD card. For my 1TB Jazz card, this takes 30 minutes - completely prohibitive.

So my question is: if I use JR for Android, does it remember the library when I change the card? As in, are the files imported into the software like they are on a PC? For example, if I change the drive on my PC, everything is still there, but it just can't find it to play, as one would expect.

This next part is above my current pay grade. On their website, Shanling says:
To install apps using .apk files, you can use pre-installed “Files” browser. You only need to copy .apk file onto Micro SD card (internal memory can’t be used for this) and then access .apk file through “Files” browser.

Does JR for A use .apk files? Surely I don't have to have a copy of JR for A on each of my four SD Cards.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I think you situation with 4 sd cards is unique. 1TB for portable use is likely enough for most.

There is no official way to get an apk for JRiver Android. I hope one day there will be. Until that day comes I recommend you try Foobar mobile and Poweramp (not to be confused with dbpoweramp). Go to their websites to download an official copy. Poweramp is a paid app. Both apps display folders with album art. Foobar is dead simple and Poweramp is highly configurable so you may have to tweak it to your liking. They both have very fast databases so you could try going that route instead of using folders.

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
Re: What happens if I change the Micro SD card in the DAP using JR for Android?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 01:31:39 am »

Thanks for your response. I ended up downloading an Eval version of Neutron which looks pretty good. And it has a 10 band parametric eq that I can put my Headphones chart into. It cost $8 to continue after the trial. It appears to take less than a minute to update the library between card changes, so that's pretty tolerable.

I think you situation with 4 sd cards is unique. 1TB for portable use is likely enough for most.
No, I disagree largely, although I am able to trim it down to two 1TB cards. The reason I disagree is that my first DAP had a leather cover that had to be taken off to change the card. The one I just purchased has a cut-away in the cover to allow easy access to the slot which is covered with a rubber plug. Clearly the manufacturers were given feedback about changing cards, meaning many people have more than one card - they won't change just for a handful of people. (and I've read on another forum about people with similar complaints to mine.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up