INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mc logo  (Read 2937 times)

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
mc logo
« on: March 28, 2003, 12:47:56 am »

I really dig the new MC logo - its different in a very cool way.

matshif

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: mc logo
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 02:28:34 am »

Hi

Very nice and it should be much better if you could give the outer circel an shaper edge.

Mats

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2003, 02:57:33 am »

Work on the edge is under way.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2003, 03:09:48 am »

Much better now, but

1) compared to other round icons, it still gives the impression of being too small, a diameter width of a few more pixels would make it look better!

2) there is a lot of blue/grey color on a Windows desktop, so that although looking better, it does not catch the eye any longer. I would replace the grey with the old Jukebox colors. They were really eye-catching!

Summarized: The design is great, the colors are not!

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2003, 04:07:52 am »

I would replace the grey with the old Jukebox colors. They were really eye-catching!

Agreed. But not as good looking I think.

The Dude

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2003, 04:09:36 am »

Much better now, but

1) compared to other round icons, it still gives the impression of being too small, a diameter width of a few more pixels would make it look better!

2) there is a lot of blue/grey color on a Windows desktop, so that although looking better, it does not catch the eye any longer. I would replace the grey with the old Jukebox colors. They were really eye-catching!

Summarized: The design is great, the colors are not!

I disagree about the colors -  I think they look great. But that may just be because my background has a lot of plain white in it. The icon, overall, looks about 1000000000 times better than the old logo, IMO. In Windows XP, the desktop and quick link icons look fine on the edges - it's just the file icons that have the jagged outer edge, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2003, 05:43:10 am »

Perhaps someone could post a pic of such beautiful new logo so that the "fear-betaversions" like me, still stuck to MJ8, would see how does it look like and what are we losing by not upgrading yet  :o

And talking about what we are losing... what about posting a screenshot of MC9 showing album cover art thumbnails of an artist "grouped if logical"... This is a feature I'm dying to see when MC9 is finally released... and only have read about it but never seen it!  

I've always thought how nice it would be if MJ (MC) library worked as when you enter a record store... you browse by genre, find the plastic separator with the artist name on it and go looking at the cover art of the available albums. Then, pick the album you want to sample, see the track-list and... enjoy it ;-) Of course MJ/MC is much more than that... and that's why it's my favorite piece of software.

Thank you.

JeffB

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2003, 05:45:58 am »

Any chance of making a 128x128 32bit .png version?

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2003, 06:49:33 am »

New logo is simply great!!

Surfer Joe was from the 60's or early 70's.

This is the 21st Century.  MC has needed a new logo for some time now & JRiver has hit it right on the head with a great new logo.

I have only three (count them; three) complaints about the new logo...

* Make it bigger!!

* Now that MC9 loads so blazingly fast, the new logo simply does not stay on the screen long enough to really enjoy it.  Don't know what to do about that.  Maybe some sort of a delay could be built-in so the logo stays up a little longer while other things like the TV is loading.

* When minimized to the task tray the logo is somewhat non-descrip... simply a little round ball with something shiny in the center.   This is especially a problem on hi-rez monitors such as 1028 x 1280 & higher.  Other minimized icons exhibit more individuality when minimized & MC9 needs to really stand out from the rest as it is simply the best there is.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

nila

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2003, 06:58:28 am »

Deivet -AV2 does this perfectly.
It groups exactly as your talking about.

It's on the plugin page and has a 30 day trial so you can test it for yourself.

It's an AMAZING plugin :)

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2003, 07:08:12 am »

Deivet -AV2 does this perfectly.
It groups exactly as your talking about.

It's on the plugin page and has a 30 day trial so you can test it for yourself.

It's an AMAZING plugin :)

I know!... I'm a registered user of AV2 but unfortunately my images do not display correctly (I posted this problem in the relative board). In fact, when AV2 is working, my system becomes very unstable... probably because of a big library and lack of resources (Pentium III 750, Windows Me, etc.)  Hopefully it will work fine when I get my new computer http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1048779821  ;D

Thank you, Nila.

nila

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2003, 07:40:03 am »

Did you mention this to Rhino?
He's usually great at fixing the bugs  etc.

Windows ME is probably more of the culprit than your system spec for low performance.
It sucks.
2k is a LOT more stable and manages the resources a lot better.
XP, if it works on your system, works pretty good but you'll probably find that your system doesn't run as fast as with 2k for those specs.

MachineHead

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2003, 03:08:22 pm »

New icon is the best so far. Now, can one of you skinners turn it into a mini-me skin? You already have the basic shape handed to you...

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2003, 03:19:58 pm »

I want to see it spin
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

MachineHead

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2003, 05:04:10 am »

I want to see it spin

Here you go...

Harry_The_Hipster

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2003, 06:41:39 am »

Where's the Dramamine??

HTH

peterH

• Recent member
  • All you need is love
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2003, 07:55:27 am »

Washing anyone?
Peter

nila

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2003, 11:12:08 pm »

I wouldn't wash my clothes in that, they'd come out singing and dancing and thats hardly what I want them doing while I'm trying to put them on.
You'd have to beat them first so that they'd stay still for long enough to get them on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up