INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Franky: Sat>IP Issue  (Read 1015 times)

Franky

• Recent member
Franky: Sat>IP Issue
« on: September 16, 2021, 02:57:17 am »

In windows 10 I have a DVBviewer server and would like to use MC28 as a client (same PC). DVBviewer is using a DVB-C with CI backend from Digital Devices.
I would like to use all DVBviewer server features; viewing, timeshifting, recordings and EPG data from DVBviewer.
How do I do that?
Currently, I am able to scan for all channels and find them all. But viewing does not work. I get the error: "No television tuner is available to fulfill your request. Please make sure you have a device that is not in use"
See attachments for my server.
When I look in Show Status both servers show idle.
I have done:
1. Tools > Options... > Media Network. Enable "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA" (DMS tuners are DLNA servers). Also go to Advanced section and make sure "DLNA Controller (control other DLNA devices)" is checked. Restart MC.

Please help....

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Franky: Sat>IP Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 09:04:49 am »

Have you tried re-starting MC?  After re-starting MC, wait a minute before you try playing a channel.

It appears that you set it up correctly you did not set it up correctly.  (See my new post below).  I am not sure what causes the device being put in "Initializing..." state.  This situation was previously reported and we fixed it.  Not sure if there is something new to your case.

If re-starting MC does not help, please send me a log file after you reproduce the issue.  yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Franky

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 03:24:36 am »

I tried restarting MC, rebooting PC and waiting > min. This does not solve the issue.
Please find attached the log file.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 09:53:04 am »

The first thing I noticed is that your log timestamps indicate that logging started two days ago.  I think you must have Media Server feature on.  With Media Server on, closing Media Center only closes GUI, and MC was actually still running in the background.  So your re-starting of MC did not really restart it.  You need to go to the right-side of Windows' Taskbar and find MC icon there, and right click and choose "Close Media Center and Media Server" if the GUI is still on, or choose "Close Media Server" if GUI is already closed.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 10:12:19 am »

The second thing I noticed was that your channels were actually not set up correctly.  Your device is a DVB-C device.  But you the channel you tried to play has a "modulation system" of "dvbs".  You need to select modulation system "dvbc" during channel setup.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 10:37:16 am »

As Franky states in the original post that he wants to use dvbviewer as a server then I'd say he needs to scan channels in the MC as IPTV. dvbviewer's recording service http server can export needed m3u8 channel lists for that (Links -> M3U Channel List Download). EPG probably needs to be imported from xmltv file.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 01:10:37 pm »

As Franky states in the original post that he wants to use dvbviewer as a server then I'd say he needs to scan channels in the MC as IPTV. dvbviewer's recording service http server can export needed m3u8 channel lists for that (Links -> M3U Channel List Download). EPG probably needs to be imported from xmltv file.

No.  Sat>IP channels are also specified in an m3u file, similarly to IPTV channels.  Hmm..., the question is whether dvbviewer exports channels using RTSP protocol or HTTP.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 01:23:36 pm »

Dvbviewer can also export RTSP. So both

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 01:27:25 pm »

Dvbviewer can also export RTSP. So both

So, maybe that is the issue.  Franky chose Sat>IP but the server maybe doing HTTP.

Choose IPTV setup if the server does HTTP.  Choose Sat>IP setup if the server does RTSP.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 01:34:46 pm »

Also be sure to use latest MC build as recently there was a bug which prevented playpack eventhoug m3u scan went fine

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 02:17:50 pm »

I tried to use sat-ip and can confirm that "No television tuner is available to fulfill your request. Please make sure you have a device that is not in use" error. Used Modulation system: Get channels from server provided list.

Channel scan also took very long time and actually got channels only afte pressed cancel scan.

Couldn't get scan completed when used user provided m3u file for sat-ip
snippet from m3u created by DVBViewer (edited port number)
Code: [Select]
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,Yle TV1 HD
rtsp://localhost:99999/?chid=3431743350440592861%7CYle%20TV1%20HD

Streaming source --> iptv played fine and also dvb subtitles worked
#EXTM3U
http://localhost:99999/upnp/channelstream/3431743350440592861%7CYle%20TV1%20HD.ts

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 07:11:20 pm »

snippet from m3u created by DVBViewer (edited port number)
#EXTM3U
rtsp://localhost:99999/?chid=3431743350440592861%7CYle%20TV1%20HD

This now makes a lot of sense.  The URL above does not really conform to what I understood to be the Sat>IP spec.  I expected, after the IP address and Port,  a string that would specify a lot of DVB parameters, instead of just a channel id.  That is why it does not work when set up as Sat>IP channel in MC.

With this URL, does it work if you set it up as an IPTV channel?  You can manually add an IPTV channel, which only needs a channel name, and an URL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up